i bought a furminator!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
i'm kind of excited :) i bought it yesterday on EBAY so i'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival. i got the smaller one that is specific for cats, rabbits, and ferrets.

now...if i can only get layla to sit still for a little bit and let me brush her. i found that it's easiest to do this in the mornings when i give her her pellets haha :)

I got mine the day before xmas!! I LOVE it! It really does work. For some reason, I thought it was battery powered but it isn't.

I thought that Thumper would in no way let me comb him, since he never did before, but he just stayed on my lap! Def. use a towel or you will be a fluffball yourself!

I'm glad to hear the Furminator works! I know I'm getting one from my mom for Christmas (we're having a belated Christmas when I get there in a couple days). Rory's about to start a molt, I can tell, and he's SO furry that I think the brush will really come in handy.

I went to both Petsmart and Petco yesterday to buy it but I demand to get it cheaper than $39 before tax :p

I found one on Amazon.com for $27 and since it's over $25 the shipping if free. I love it and use it for both my cats and rabbits.

cmh9023 wrote:
I found one on Amazon.com for $27 and since it's over $25 the shipping if free. I love it and use it for both my cats and rabbits.
Lucky! My Dahmer (cat) needs a brushing badly but none of the brushes/combs I buy work.

The one we bought, I have yet to use on the buns (since I don't have any heavy moulters), but I use it on Sunny the cat (who sheds a lot, especially during the summer), and it's AWESOME!! It's the only thing I've used (and that list includes the Zoom Groom) that really gets a lot of that fur out, and in the simplest way possible!

Just be prepared with either the Furminator or the Zoom Groom...to catch fur coming off! And be sure to be ready with something to put the clumps on. It's easiest to have a second person around to get the fur off the brush while you hold the kitty (if you have to hold Kitty to do the brushing, like I do).

Hugs!

maherwoman wrote:
Just be prepared with either the Furminator or the Zoom Groom...to catch fur coming off!

Irun the vacuum when I brush. I hold the brush up to the vacuum nozzle whenI needclean off thehair.

7x9nuxs.jpg

This is what I have, the zoom groom, shred-ender, and the vacuum.
I plan to get a Furminator.

I made some modificationsto the Shred-Enderas the handlegets in the way.
Check out the link, for those who have the Shred-Ender.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10792&forum_id=1&jump_to=412954#p412954

Back