I am totally in love!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
If I had known how sweet and cuddly the Polish rabbit was before deciding on a rabbit breed, I'd never have owned anything else. Nestle is an absolute doll. It's such a joy to pick him up, cuddle with him, and just spend time with him. Now to research more, to find out if he should be filled out (like a Cal) or more streamlined. Right now he's been packing away the food. lol

I love, love, love him. My daughter's in love, too, and says she wants to try to find a broken.:)

I never realized just how cuddly and laid back they were. Last night, he fell asleep stretched out from my belly to my shoulder, with his little head tucked by my cheek. This morning was the first time he came bounding to the door of his cage when I came into the room. :inlove:

my mom loves her polish :) They are supposed to be filled out like a cal but they can easily get overweight or at least ours can. We have tried cutting their food to a 16% protein bag and i think it has helped. My tans can get higher amounts of everything because of their quick metabolism. We are noticing that our polish reach senior weight before senior age. Not sure if that's a just us problem or an everyone's problem.

woahlookitsme wrote:
my mom loves her polish :) They are supposed to be filled out like a cal but they can easily get overweight or at least ours can. We have tried cutting their food to a 16% protein bag and i think it has helped. My tans can get higher amounts of everything because of their quick metabolism. We are noticing that our polish reach senior weight before senior age. Not sure if that's a just us problem or an everyone's problem.

:yeahthat:

Polish make very good pets. They're cuddly and laid back. Several Polish breeders told us that because of their slow metabolism to be careful how much I feed them.

If I hadn't witnessed a little boy, lugging around his Polish rabbit for an entire show (double show, too, so for a long time!)...sleeping with it on his lap, eating with it (and the bunny never moving), I wouldn't have believed it.

I will have to watch how much he eats. He's been eating more than my French Lops, taking into consideration his size compared to theirs.

Even my 15 yr. old twin sons are infatuated with him. And it's absolutely adorable how eagerly he greets anyone that comes near his cage. My rabbits are friendly, but nothing like this. I'm waiting for one of the kids to sneak him into bed with them at night. LOL

Lol i thought my angoras were sweet until i got my jersey wooly omg she is like a little stuffed animal. Her job before i got her was to be a prop for a easter photographer and she was gentle and sweet with every child. (jersey woolies were created from polish) well i do have one angora who beats her in sweetness. Congrats on your new little guy he is adorable.

I heard they were another really laid back breed. My problem is hair maintenance. I barely do my own, much less a bunch of rabbits. LOL I'm a big fan of the "wet hands, rub animal, done" club!

Back