I am so temped HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarie

Reaction score
ok well i was looking into getting Moo a cage mate but sadly Moo has moved to a friends house because i could no longer keep him due to behavioral problems. Well one of the girls i was looking into finally responded and i am so temped. Should i still take her and let her bond with the two i already have. She is a lionhead female that is spayed.

58260.jpg

I SO badly want to say yes!

I'm jealous! Seems like quit a few people are getting Lionheads and I've always wanted one! She is beautiful! I love her color.

If considering adopting on looks alone how could you say no? But if you can't/ don't have the time or room for her then don't. She is gorgeous though. Good luck with your decision!

I have the time for a 3rd. and room to put her while she bonds with the other 2. but i need help with the bonding. since Moo is gone i have alot more time for the others he always had the most of my attention cause of his behavor issues.

Ok i told the lady that i could pick her up on friday. I have to drive like an hour to get her. hopefully the lady tells me i can have her.

Ok well the lady said i can have her i will go get her on friday now i just need a name lol.

Is that a recent picture? She most likely isn't spayed if that is a recent picture, since she looks quite young.

I would think carefully about it. Lionheads can be very mischievous and highstrung. Some do have behavioral problems that were similar to Moo's (though all rabbits can have these issues too). I wouldn't want to see you in the position you were in with Moo, so I would consider this very carefully because the new rabbit could easily have the same issues as Moo did (thumping, dumping out litter, or worse) and I'd hate for you to have to rehome this new little one as well.

Rabbits can just be rabbits sometimes ;). But out of my 5, my lionhead is the worst with getting into things and causing trouble (other than Bruno, though they are mostly on par). So if your living standards ristrict naturalbehavoirs issues such as digging or thumping, maybe adding a third bunny may not be in the best interest of everyone.

Good point! If this is the rabbit you are looking to buy from the picture, it seems theseller forged the picture as the rabbit she was selling. Did a quick search, and the original photo came from a UK classifieds and is all over the web.

So buyer beware, the bunny in the photo isn't the one being sold.. red flags go up right there that the seller may be a bit shadey.

I have to agree with Spring. Out of my rabbits and the little rabbit experience I have- my Lionheads are the worst mischief makers! They are size wise a handful and temperment wise also. Abby is a little spitfire! There is nothing this little girl won't do and she is known in this family as the troublemaker but we adore her! She can be so sweet and such a conniving little devil all at the same time! Last night she tried to bite me just to show she could I think. And I believe Gibbsy will have the same temperment once he becomes more social. I've seen the looks in his eyes at times. And abby tries and does dump everything that she can. She is my noisemaker here.

well i will try to contact the owner again about the rabbit. If u say u found it somewhere else can u send me the link?

Spring wrote:
Good point! If this is the rabbit you are looking to buy from the picture, it seems theseller forged the picture as the rabbit she was selling. Did a quick search, and the original photo came from a UK classifieds and is all over the web.

So buyer beware, the bunny in the photo isn't the one being sold.. red flags go up right there that the seller may be a bit shadey.
That is terrible. Why would someone do that?!! :X

Well i talked to the owner and she assures me that is her rabbit. The story behind the little one is that it was purchased from a petshop returned and than the lady i am talking to bought it. She can no longer take care of the rabbit because her mother is sick. She named the rabbit Sunny and doesnt know how old it is. I sent her a another email asking more about the rabbit but i would also like to see where else this photo is posted lol i couldnt find it on my own.

Um...if you already had to rehome a rabbit, why are you considering yet another one? Behavioral problems or not, some require more care and attention than others. If that was not available for Moo, I would not suggest another rabbit at this time.

Camarie wrote:
Well i talked to the owner and she assures me that is her rabbit. The story behind the little one is that it was purchased from a petshop returned and than the lady i am talking to bought it. She can no longer take care of the rabbit because her mother is sick. She named the rabbit Sunny and doesnt know how old it is. I sent her a another email asking more about the rabbit but i would also like to see where else this photo is posted lol i couldnt find it on my own.
I would be very suspicious, the rabbit in the picture could be no more then ten weeks old and others have seen it on the web. It is too young to already be spayed.

Latest posts

Back