I am moving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleybelow

Reaction score
I am moving in a week. Of course I am taking my rabbit Sugar. It is a long drive--about 1000 miles. Can anyone tell me if this carrying case looks okay? Is is big enough?
IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

I plan to drive about eight hours a day with breaks every two hours to let her eat and relax a bit. It should take two longer days of driving and one short day with this schedule. Does this sound like it will be okay for her?

Thanks!

its sounds fine to me.

and i LOVE that crate. crates that are too big can hurt the bunny by him/her slipping or in case of a car wreck bigger crates are bad. it looks the right size for her. be sure and put down some towles or something to give her traction. i think she will be just fine on your trip.

GOOD LUCK

and remember to buckle the carrier in if possible.

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that it is okay. I was planning on lining the bottom with a towel and newspaper and putting hay on top of that. She would also have a water bowl.

And I can buckle in the carrier. :)

im sure she will be just fine on her trip.

how are you going to get the water bowl in there with out it being tipped or spilled. she could have water breaks when you go to a rest stop, or you can give her apples becuase they have a high water content and will keep her hydrated.

I took Cinnabunny 500 miles and we used a deep crock and put ice cubes in it. She chewed on the ice cubes as much as she drank the melt. There was very little spill.

You can purchase a disk that attaches to the grate at places like Petco and such. That would save the tipping over.

You may try the "drip-free" water bottle they sell in petsmart, it works! but it might be a little bit too big for the crate.
Bring lots of small bok-choy and celery, feed your bun regularly during the trip. I flew with my bunny all the way to hong kong ( a 18 hours flight), all he had were bok-choy and celery. excellent water source.

Back