I am finally happy with Miffy's cage,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score

I have had her for about a month and a half and was not satisfied withher "dog crate" cage. I did put a tv box in there for a whilebut she was eating it too much so I removed it. I had toreally think for a while and today I finally figured it out.My hubby had some used peg board in the garage and I asked him if Icould used some. He did not care so I measured and started tocut, long story short, he cut it to fit in the cage and I installed itwith cable ties and now she loves her second level! After Ibrought her inside (she was outside all afternoon), she went up thereand went to sleep.:) Here is a pic of the inside cage and theoutside one, (I move the umbrella to block the sun).

Image125.jpg
Image086.jpg
I

(RaspberrySwirl-thanks for the instructions on adding more than one pic!)

I am confused!? I can see them, I didthe insert image up on the little bar there, I will try the oldfashioned way and make two posts...sorry!

Both cages are very nice and it looks like Miffy loves them! :) I really like that outside cage, did you build it or buy it?

Thanks, my husband built it with scrap wood fromwork and scrap wood leftover from when he built our daughtersplayhouse. (we also had leftover roofing material)It still needs some fine tuning though,on the house end wewill put some wheels so I can move it by myself, and some trim work tosmooth the cut edges of the chicken wire. There is alsochicken wire on the bottom of it too. She loved it today, wehad not move it in at least 2-3 weeks (we were all real sick) so thegrass there was long. I caught her eating it and laying downin it.

What more can abun ask for than a city home and a country home? Opps, I mean a indoorhome and an outdoor home? :pSebastian has one of each too! Heloves going back and forth to wherever the action is. You all did agreat job!

Sorry about the multiple pics notworking. Not sure why theydidn't!

RaspberrySwirl

Awesome!! I've discovered mine love shelvestoo! I LOVE the outdoor one! What a great idea,fresh air AND safety!

we use one of those large plastic igloo's as a 'step' up to our bunnies second level too :)

Great minds think alike.

Word opf cautionon chicken wire , a determined bunnycan chew a hole straight thru it , Oneof mine did just that, I looked cause somethingmoved wrong and thereshe was she had a hole chewed thrubig enough for her head to passthru !!!! needless to say theHubby changed wire on her cagequickly .

Latest posts

Back