I am finally going to get a rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
I am sooo excited! amfinally going to get a holland lop rabbit! I havebeen wanting one for like three years. I am going to see the kits onsaturday and just can't wait!

I have no idea if they have already named them, but if they havenot, I have to think of names. Any ideas on names? so far I have gotthe names turnip,and carrot.I wan't a doe.Do you have any namesthat you think would be good?

Also, what size of a collar does a holland lop need to have? Or does it not even need one?

Thank you so much!:star:

AWESOME! ive been wanting a rabbit for about 3-4years as well but i just cant get one yet =(. i dont have muchexperience with the leash and everything but i could help you get somenames....hmmm lets see for a doe... ...DoeDoe, Daisy, Screech, Ears(=P) , Caramel, Chocolate. thats all i can think of right now but ifyou get a buck by accident or something (just in case) , name it :thumper =DD or a doe version of thumper.....thumpeel or thumpale =D lolcongratz btw :colors:

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:happybunny shopping on saturdayy:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Those are great names. I like the name daisy a lot. I also likelilac and daffodil. I had thumper on my list of names,but like you, Idont think thumper is a good girl name for a rabbit. at least that iswhat I think.I bet I will have a great time bunnyshopping!

Thumper1234 wrote:
AWESOME! ive been wanting a rabbit for about 3-4 years as wellbut i just cant get one yet =(. i dont have much experience with theleash and everything but i could help you get some names....hmmm letssee for a doe... ...DoeDoe, Daisy, Screech, Ears (=P) , Caramel,Chocolate. thats all i can think of right now but if you get a buck byaccident or something (just in case) , name it : thumper =DD or a doeversion of thumper.....thumpeel or thumpale =D lol congratz btw :colors:

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:happybunny shopping onsunday!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Oh. thanks. Though I have heard that you can get them a harness. isthis true? If it is i think i will probobaly need a collar fo a littlewhile while they are on the leash. Do you think that the harness thingis true, or they don't need anything like that? thanks!
Bunnies don't need collars, in fact they mostly ennoy them.

Congratulations on your new bunny!

Theres a type of harness that is made forbunnies. Its has a mesh material that goes over the body and an elasticlead hooked to it.

I, however, am not a fan of these. Some people think they're great. Mybunnies are absolutely terrified of them. Ive also heard horror storiesabout rabbits getting off their harness or severely injuring themselves(like breaking their backs or a leg or something). My suggestion wouldbe to create a run in your yard (if you can) where she could play whileyou supervise. Just a thought.

Have you checked out our Bunny 101 and resource center? theres so muchrandom information in there to help you out!http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12080&forum_id=17

Congrats!

-Haley

Most bunnies absolutely hate leashes andharnesses and it makes for a very dangerous situation. Most rabbits canmanage to get out of even a snuggly fit harness, you'd be amazed.

A collar is a definite no! If you mean for walking around, it's veryeasy to break the rabbits neck if they jump suddenly and the leash hastension in it. Also, just for wearing around is dangerous because if itgets caught on something, it can be pulled and the rabbit can bestrangled or have it's neck broke.

It's much safer to build an outside run if you insist on taking them outside.

Latest posts

Back