I am excited got a great deal on wire cubes!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamommaof2

Reaction score
I am so excited I am going to build a NIC cage for Teddy and I got 6 wire cubes for 14.99 at Target so I bought two of them so I have a total of 16. :yahoo:So I will be a night owl tonight playing with it and see what set ups I like before I use the cable ties.

Awesome! I get mine from Target as well. I think they come something like 23 panels to a box. With two boxes you can make a huge pen! I think both of my cages were about 1 1/2 boxes each.

I can't wait to see the finished product. With Teddy in it of course!

I went to a garage sale afew weeks ago and got a set (17 panels) or the mesh ones for $3. They retail for $30.

The only time I will buy the sets are when they are on sale. I wait for $10 a box, which can be 13-17 panels.

I'm thinking about getting some of these to make a collapsible run for the front of Lotties hutch. Because we have limited space i thought one of these would be good to put on the front of the hutch and and be taken down at the end of the day!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

ok I finished Teddies Cage I still have to find something to put on his shelfs. Right now I have cardboard and thats not going to last long with Teddy. Right now he likes to explore it.

Picture030.jpg

Here is Teddy checking out his new appartment.

Picture033.jpg

Having a little fun with his tunnel.

Picture034.jpg

I smell somthing up here that I know Id like to eat.

Picture038.jpg

See I new there was something here that is tasty. HAY

Picture.jpg

Here is his5X6area of play and then I canopen thegate and he can come play with the family in the family room.

Lets see I already had the floor done and the baby gate that was orginally his cage but I have a curious 3 year old who constantly was peering in and the gate would slidethe gateontothe carpet. So I bought velco to put on the bottom of the gate and to the flooring so the gate wont slide. Then I decided to do the NIC because the gate still wasnt as sturdy from my 3 year old who just wants to live in there with Teddy.

So to make a long story short I started the building the cage at 9pm and finished at 1 am so about 4hrs. I was working around a curious bunny that wanted to check everything out that I was doing. I really like the wire cages from target they are different from the ones I got from Bed Bath and Beyond a while back. The ones at Target actually click and lock into place and I have shaken the cage pretty hardand mind you there are no zip ties and everything is still in place!!

Sometimes those are on sale for $12.99.

Is that the chew log thing that sometimes comes as a little hut? If so a few people have had some bad things happen shortly after buying them. I believe it is made with cedar.

I bought this from a Feed store and the lady said the the bunnies can have them and that there safe. But now I am not sure. Here I looked it up and this is what it said. Is it safe? Or should I throw it out?

Guaranteed Analysis:[/b]

Crude Protein (Min.)

[align=right]1.6%[/align]

Crude Fat (Min.)

[align=right]0.5%[/align]

Crude Fiber (Max.)

[align=right]40.0%[/align]

Moisture (Max.)

[align=right]10.0%[/align]

Ingredients:[/b]

Pine Wood Shavings, Cassava Starch, Alfalfa, Straw Liquid Mix, (Water, Sodium Alginate, Potassium Sorbate, Propionic Acid, Honey, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol).

gamommaof2 wrote:
"...Ingredients:[/b]

Pine Wood Shavings..."
That is what people are worried about as an ingredient in them. Probably not the best thing for them to eat. The worries were mostly about rats eating them, I think, but bunnies could be affected to.

Wonderful cage, by the way!:blueribbon:

Thanks everyone, I am not a very creative person by all means and ya'll just gave me warm and fuzzies. lol

Hey pumpkinandwhiskersmomI am glad I gave you some ideas. I had to look on this site and do some other search engines to get ideas to. There are so many things you can do with these cages. Just as long as Teddy likes it I am a happy camper. Now I just need to get a hay rack and some toys to hang from his cage. Oh and I am going to make him a little plaque for his cage that says Sir Theodore.

Can we have a side veiw of the cage? I love the pen in front!

Bout the treat it looks new wonder if Teddy is not really chewing on it. Paper toilet or Paper towel rolls work great to stuff hay in. Or paper bag twisted shut.

Latest posts

Back