I am cut off from getting anymore rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetoeatchocolate

Reaction score
So I went to the pet store. One of those big stores that have the tons of supplies. I went over to visit the rabbits like I always do and there was this gorgeous but big rabbit there. He looked exactly like Angel in coloring but was three times as big! He was black with brown coloring. The brown coloring is in the exact same spot as Angels. But he was obviouslya rabbit that got returned because he is so big. So I asked. Sure enough. The lady said that he is not fixed and was brought back from the ppl that bought him at the store. He is so sweet and is obviously too big for the enclosure he is in as he can jump over the side. When I went up to him he crawled onto his hidey hole in order to come up to see me. So he could be raised up to see me. He stood on his hind legs and rested his two front legs on my arm. I even picked him up and we cuddled. Everyone was watching us and thought it was so sweat! I begged and begged Scott to let us take him home but he would have no such thing. He said that we have enough rabbits. I said "Oh enough is all relative, this one really needs a home! He is all alone!" He wouldn't budge. When I first got my rabbits and even now I can't stop thinking about getting more rabbits. I keep looking on the used sites and the Humane Society. There are plenty. But sigh the husband says no. I have to have his support. So it is a no go. I wish I could have them all and make them happy and give them homes!

Shannon

I know how hard it is to see a rabbit you really love but can't take home because someone (parents, spouse, whoever) won't let you! How long have you had your bunnies? For some reason I'm thinking you haven't had yours for very long, and if that's true, maybe it's a good idea to accumulate rabbits slowly :) I think sometimes people find something new that they love and get too swept up in it, then end up with more than they can take care of. Maybe if you have your three rabbits for longer, your husband gets used to them and sees how much you love them, how well you care for them and that you have more space and time for more, he'll be willing to let you get more.

Take it slow. Bringining another rabbit (especially an un-neutered buck) in to your two bonded pairs may upset them. Two months isn't a long timewith rabbits... as much as your hubby is stubborn, he's probably looking out for you first. (Don't EVER tell MY husband I said that... but sometimes he's right aboutsome things. He can see a bigger picture when I get overly focused ... umm....fixated? )

Have patience. There is always another great rabbit out there. And you will find the ones meant for you.

I have found myself always wanting more rabbits but I have found out that instead of getting more spend quality time with the ones you've got. Stay with them for a solid amount of time each day and watch what they do. Watch them get more and more close to you. Then you can see their personalities grow as they got older and you will also notice changes in their paterns.

Thats what I have started doing so I can be really close to my babies! Its frustrating when we can't have more rabbits! I always want more - its hard!! :)

Back