I am adopting a bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbgrl20

Reaction score
For sometime now , as stated in previous posts,I have been looking for a mate for Mocha. So today after I got out ofschool I went to our local animal shelter and found the cutest orangewhat looks to be possibly netherland dwarf bunny!!:inlove:

I was so excited:colors: He won't be available till tomorrow , but Ihave a hold on him so tomorrow morning I am going back down to theshelter and paying for him, then he has to stay a week before I takehim home because he needs to be neutered.

As soon as I get my phone working (I took photos of him with it) I'llpost them so I can show everyone my new addition to myfamily!!:bunnydance:

aww congratulations on your new addition,youwill be giving a shelter bunny a new life, cannot wait to see picturesof the little guy :D

cheryl

I finally got my phone to work!
Here he is

Now I just have to come up with a name for him:dunno

Does it look like he could be netherland dwarf?

hes adorable!!! :inlove:no wonder yourexcited!!! i dont think i would even be able to wait until the nextday:bunnyheart!! i couldnt wait so i took petey home within 30 min. ofmeeting him..lol

I know , I know I think I am going to go crazywithin that week!!:nerves1 Now I am worried about the neuter and hopingeverything goes smoothly. I don't want to lose him before I even havehim! Hopefully this week goes by fast.

I was thinking about naming him keoki and calling him keo for short, what you all think?

Yeah, A WEEK!! Apparently they just recieved himthis week and have not done the neuter :?. And you know animal shelterswont let animal go without them being altered...so I am counting downthe days until he will be at he's forever home.

True, I do need to figure out where he isgoing to go and build his cage until him and mocha are bonded, butstill...I am anxiously waiting:waiting:
naturestee wrote:
What a sweetboy! A week just gives you that much time to get his cageready!:D

I hope they get along, but I wont know until amonth after his neuter, right? B/c he could still have sperm? At leastthey'll be able to sniff each other thru the wire!!

Aww what a cutie! He's a very lucky bun to becoming home with you soon :). I'm so happy you're adopting him from theshelter, that's a lovely thing to do.

bbgrl20 wrote:
I hope they get along, but I wont know until a month after hisneuter, right? B/c he could still have sperm? At least they'll be ableto sniff each other thru the wire!!
Just be careful to put the cages at a distance from eachother, I'veread that bunnies can still mate through the wire even if their cagesare a few centimetres apart.

Eve wrote:
Awwwhat a cutie! He's a very lucky bun to be coming home with you soon :).I'm so happy you're adopting him from the shelter, that's a lovelything to do.

bbgrl20 wrote:
I hope they get along, but I wont know until a month after hisneuter, right? B/c he could still have sperm? At least they'll be ableto sniff each other thru the wire!!
Just be careful to put the cages at a distance from eachother, I'veread that bunnies can still mate through the wire even if their cagesare a few centimetres apart.

Oh my goodness! I can't even BEGIN to visualize that one! :shock:

LOL..that's what I was thinking, too! EEK! :shock:

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Eve wrote:

maherwoman wrote:
LOL..that's what I was thinking, too! EEK! :shock:

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Eve wrote:

yeah i have read this many times myself when i was doing a lot ofresearch on bunnies,a lot of people have experienced this and they werequite shocked when their females have become pregnant without evenbeing near the male,their cages were just a tad to close to each otherlol,i suppose it just proves that sometimes a bunny is just one stepahead of their owners lol

you must be hanging out to get get your new bun home with you,he is a handsome little fella:)

cheryl

OH wow!! If you guys didnt tell me that I wouldof had a litter of bunnies on my hands!!! :shock2:I cant believe theyare able to do that!

:thanks:for the info!!

PS

I went to go visit him today and I just wanted to take him out of his cage and casually leave the shelter!:lookaround

The animal shelter called yesterdayand I went and got him today!!! I let him explore when i first broughthim home. Once Mocha noticed there was another bun she was nothappy:mad:. She was thumping up a storm!!lol

they sniffed each other through the cage and there was no biting or trying to attack, so I think that is a good sign.

I am just so happy that he is home!!:colors: I believe he iscomfortable in his cage he has been doin a lot of dead bunny flops!!lol

Latest posts

Back