I adopted another bun :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mistyjr... he's cute but all he's been doing is peeing everywhere and I can't deal with it. He has TWO litterboxes and he refuses to use them. I dunno what to do.

And I think so Whiskerz.

What a cutie pie !!! Thanks for the pic's ! Some of my buns in the past had trouble with adjusting to their potty. What helped me with one was I put him in a cage with a solid plastic bottom ( Like the "My first home" brand from Petsmart - - - it has a purple bottom and white wire top . ) And then put "Woody Pet" on the floor area; covered ALL of the floor of the cage. At the same time, I put a triangular litter pan in one corner and secured it with the clips that come with it, so the bun couldn't move it around. Then, whenever he peed, I used gloves or a scoop to put the wet WoodyPet into the litter pan ; so he would get used to smelling it in the pan. I also cleaned with white vinegar any soiled/wet spots in the other parts of the cage, so he'd associate potty with his litter pan.

This took him about 3 weeks to only "go' in the litter box. ( BTW, we'd had him neutered before the potty training, so I don't know if it helped; but I like to think so.)

After that, he could live in a NIC panel cage on the floor and not go potty on the floor, just in his pan.

Hope that helped. I think the boys sometimes take longer to "get" it. :):rollseyes

Kadish Tolesa wrote:
What a cutie pie !!! Thanks for the pic's ! Some of my buns in the past had trouble with adjusting to their potty. What helped me with one was I put him in a cage with a solid plastic bottom ( Like the "My first home" brand from Petsmart - - - it has a purple bottom and white wire top . ) And then put "Woody Pet" on the floor area; covered ALL of the floor of the cage. At the same time, I put a triangular litter pan in one corner and secured it with the clips that come with it, so the bun couldn't move it around. Then, whenever he peed, I used gloves or a scoop to put the wet WoodyPet into the litter pan ; so he would get used to smelling it in the pan. I also cleaned with white vinegar any soiled/wet spots in the other parts of the cage, so he'd associate potty with his litter pan.

This took him about 3 weeks to only "go' in the litter box. ( BTW, we'd had him neutered before the potty training, so I don't know if it helped; but I like to think so.)

After that, he could live in a NIC panel cage on the floor and not go potty on the floor, just in his pan.

Hope that helped. I think the boys sometimes take longer to "get" it. :):rollseyes

You're welcome ^-^
I woke up this morning and there was lots of poops outside of his litterbox, but no pee! I can't tell if he DID go in the litterbox.. but as long as he didn't go out of it. He jumped in the litterbox after I put Solara and Sabriel's pee in there and I couldn't tell if he'd gone potty but I gave him a bunny cookie for going in there and NOT sleeping in there.
The pan for the litterbox is sooo short that if I put any WoodyPet down, he'd just fling it all out.. I'll just put litter on the pee if he pees outside of the litterbox, soak it up, and put it back in the litterbox... doesn't white vinegar smell? That makes me wary about using it in my room.. I've been using this safe cleaner when he pees there (spraying it on the papertowel, then wiping.
Yeah, I hope he'll be more littertrained once his hormones are gone..

Thanks so much :)
And thanks for not treating me like I'm stupid and never had rabbits before XD Someone did that on my other thread and it kinda upset me. Dx Cause I've had two other rabbits, just no trouble with peeing outta the litterbox XD

He is very cute, my husband keeps on saying that he wants a Flemish bunny (but he never does any work around the bunnies so three is enough for me, maybe one day).
How is the potty training coming along?

Mika77 wrote:
He is very cute, my husband keeps on saying that he wants a Flemish bunny (but he never does any work around the bunnies so three is enough for me, maybe one day).
How is the potty training coming along?

Potty training is going pretty well :) Thanks!
He doesn't have any accidents anymore.

Latest posts

Back