I’m expecting and can’t stand the smell of hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
So I’m at the early stages where nausea is very prevalent. I cannot stand the smell of his hay, litter box, or enclosure. It’s just been really hard. Curious if anyone else had this experience.

😒 Have you tried temporary switching his hay to a different type like orchard grass or meadow hay? You could also keep a window open. I also used to keep a glass of vinegar and baking soda on my window to help neutralise odours. Im not sure how similar this is but I get migraines and I’m really sensitive to things that smell to strong, so those things have helped me.

😒 Have you tried temporary switching his hay to a different type like orchard grass or meadow hay? You could also keep a window open. I also used to keep a glass of vinegar and baking soda on my window to help neutralise odours. Im not sure how similar this is but I get migraines and I’m really sensitive to things that smell to strong, so those things have helped me.
Does orchard and meadow grass have a lighter smell? Ya I would say migraines from smells is totally a similar situation. I ordered some reed diffusers but I’m nervous all the smells are just going fuse into one nausea inducing stench

Does orchard and meadow grass have a lighter smell? Ya I would say migraines from smells is totally a similar situation. I ordered some reed diffusers but I’m nervous all the smells are just going fuse into one nausea inducing stench
Meadow hay has worked well for me. I also mix in a small amount of Timothy hay because my rabbit likes it more. But that will depend on your personal sense of smell.

Have u tried to wear a mask to see if that helps
Our bunny lives in the living room so I can’t wear a mask all the time. It’s his litter box mainly. I ordered reed diffusers. I’m also going try out meadow grass and see how the bun enjoys. I couldn’t even change his litter box yesterday or go near him. Crazy.

Hi,
I feel for you! I had the same thing with the food for our seahorses and they get fed 6 times a day.
If you are early on in pregnancy 🤰 you might be able to be ok in a months but it might continue for the rest of your pregnancy 🤰. Maybe your boyfriend/ husband can take over for a while....
good luck
Eve

Hi,
I feel for you! I had the same thing with the food for our seahorses and they get fed 6 times a day.
If you are early on in pregnancy 🤰 you might be able to be ok in a months but it might continue for the rest of your pregnancy 🤰. Maybe your boyfriend/ husband can take over for a while....
good luck
Eve
That’s what we’ve been doing. My husband has been cleaning and changing his litter box. I’m early so hopefully it will fade. I’m at the point where I need to close my nose when I come into the living room. It’s crazy! One day to the next and I have a ridiculously sensitive nose now.

It was the same for me and with some things it lasted all through the pregnancy. With one of my pregnancy’s I could not stand the smell of beef, the minute I opened the package I was standing above the sink but luckily I was always able to resist and hold back 🙈 but that resulted in not cooking any beef during the pregnancy. In my twin pregnancy I could only drink very cold drinks... pregnancies are a weird and crazy time but so worth it, specially when the baby’s starts to kick and turn in your belly! Just look after yourself and take good care.
eve

Latest posts

Back