Hutchmates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but, does it matter if bucks and does are housed right next to each other? I have a row hutch of 6 cages and I was wondering if it would determating if they are right next to each other all the time.

:bunnydance:

If they can access each other through the wire they can definitely breed, or so I've heard.

I would do the first three cages bucks, and the second three cages does, with a more solid divider between the buck and doe cage. if everyone is housed every other cage than you could have hormonal rabbits, or tricky bucks that breed through the wire.

Just be sure that you put solid dividers between the boys too because they can and will fight with each other. Don't want to see them get bit.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Just be sure that you put solid dividers between the boys too because they can and will fight with each other.  Don't want to see them get bit.<

Sharon

I've had girls (spayed girls even) fight through wire walls, so be prepared to put in solid dividers between them if you need to.

Latest posts

Back