hutches and runs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thbunns

Reaction score
Wow, two posts in the same hour, sorry!
I really would love to have an outside run for my bunns. Where can Iget one? I was thinking about ordering one online but I want to ask youguys first about a good resource.
In the winter, though, is there one that can be used inside and out? Mybunns can't run around the house unless under strict supervisionbecause we also have a laborador. I was thinking about cagingoff a large portion of the playroom for them, but I'm unsure how to goabout doing it, where can I get something to cage it off with?
Thanks for your help!
Geri

I'm not sure about a run outside bbut you couldbuild and outside one? I bought a hutch from my bunnies breeder andthen built a run around it. We had to sink it into the ground thoughbecause they kept trying to escape. I find building ones are better asyou can make them big, escape-proof and to fit your garden.:)

Hutches are outrageously priced! Thecheapest thing is to build one yourself. You could go to yourlocal farm supply store and get ideas on what different hutches looklike. There is a topic about it here...just do a search for"cages". Then once you have an idea or maybe like one you seehere then just go buy the supplies and build it to how you wantit. Much Cheaper!!!!!!!

What we did was, we went to Tractor Supply CO.and bought a wire fence that was 25 ft long(i think)and 3 fthigh and then we bought posts and just stuck it in the ground. It costus like 50 dollars.

It's apretty big runBut you have to be carefulbecause there is no top or bottom, so they could POSSIBLy climb out ordig out but my bun has never even tried. I always watch him while he'soutside.

As for the inside you can buy play pens. A good size one is gonna run you like 100 bucks-there pricey.

I have a pic of what it looks like. It's kind of hard to see the fence, but you get the idea.

15.jpg

Back