Hutch/run covers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekgirl101

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should invest in or build a cover for the hutch and run area for when it gets really cold or wet? At the moment there's nothing covering them and I'm wondering if their cosy environment is being compromised when the cold wind/rain blows in.

Your probably going to want to invest in one yes! You can use a tarp or something small. Just to cover it enough that they aren't getting blown on. I'm thinking this or these rabbits live outside? Depending on the weather where you live you are going to need one. If winters where you live get below freezing I'd recommend it!

Definitely need something to block the cold wind/rain from blowing in. I have shadecloth around the sides for when it's in the 50's & 40's, but if it gets down to the low 40's & below I hang a heavy duty tarp around the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Our winters go pretty cold, only gone below freezing a couple of times. Our biggest issue is the rain. They were originally outdoor bunnies but when introducing them to each other and with one having been ill and didn't develop her winter coat we've decided to keep them indoors.

We're hoping to move in the new year to a house with a brick shed where we're thinking of housing the bunnies with a tunnel going to a run outside, so they maybe don't need the sheltering after all except for the run to have a sun/rain shield. Will have to see how cold the shed can get and if we can install a heater in it or just make do with used quilts to pad it out.

Latest posts

Back