Humping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llama

Reaction score
Ok, I have two female rabbits, Jetta andPassat. They aren't bonded yet as I got tired of Passatfreaking out and being scared of Jetta even though Jetta was beingfriendly.

Well, today as I had Passat on the floor,(i found a centipede in hercage! :shock:) I decided to try it again. I have their cagesnext to each other for contact anyways. As soon as I putJetta down on the floor...Passat started humping her! She didit a lot! Then they would chase in a circle and bury headinto each other and then hump again! Jetta growled a fewtimes but they didn't really seem to fight.

I'm thinking that this is a dominance thing and that it's a step upfrom the fear we had before. Am I on the right track???

Yes females mountother females to show dominance. I had this one female who would mountother femalesheads

I would just make sure that they are bothfemales, justsounplanned kits dont showup:D

~Amy

I had a male/female bonded pair and Judy wasalways the one humping Harold! She always humped his head aswell. And they were both sterilized. It'sdefinitely a display of dominance. Bonded pairs need to havea hierarchy, so this display might actually be a good sign if Jetta istolerating Passat's dominance. Once they have established whois boss it's easier for them to get along.

They have both been vet verified to be females. Plus Jetta is being spayed *gasp* tomorrow.

She did hump her head a bit. I just watched and let them sort it out. Made sure no one got mean.

I am reather relieved to read this. Ithought my girl was CRAZY! She humps her brother's head ALLthe time! Sounds normal.

Ha! I caught Vendetta humping Charlotte once (pre-spaying) but that was it. I guess Charlotte learned quickly who's boss!

The spaying may not stop the humping.Both Harold and Judy were fixed and had been for months and Judy stillhumped him. I never once saw him hump her.

Latest posts

Back