Humping!! Again!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
My two were spayed back in June and the humpingdisappeared. All of a sudden I notice that Furby is at it again. I dontthink she does it all that much but I have seen her do it.

I posted a while back about Ellie having bald patches on her back and I am now wondering if the humping is causing it.

I dont want to separate them because apart from the humping they doeverything together, from snuggling to playing to eating. Alwaystogether:D

Any other ideas as to how to get Furby from stop humping.

Thanks in advance

Hi there!

I haven'tbeen around abonded pair yet, but I haveheard some humping in a bonded pair is normal. Not sure about theexcessive mounting though. Does Ellie seem to mind the mounting?

I hope they calm down a bit!

As long as they aren't fighting and aren'tdepriving each other from food/water then I would just leave them tosort it out. It might just be that there has been a change in dominanceand they are just reasserting their positions (dominant and submissivebun), I know this can happen from time to time with my girls but itusually ends after a couple of bum nips.:)

I think as long as it's just humping and not nipping/biting, they should be okay.

My foster buns will chase each other around all the time, but theydon't normally fight. They'll have a little chase then fiveminutes later they are all cuddly again. I think they arejust re-asserting who's boss.

So watch for bites, or large amounts of fur in their hutch. And as long as that's not happening, they should be okay.

--Dawn

This might just be the way it is but whenever I sit outside their hutch and rattle the treatbag, furby starts!!!

My theories are either Furby is telling Ellie that she wants them or shes just Happy?

Back