Humm, color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mira

Reaction score
Can anyone predict for mewhat the colors of the babies might be from a siamese sable x orange littler?

I'm probably getting a new baby, the breeder has two litters coming and I'll probably get a baby from this one (since in the other litter, the buck is Pippin's father and I am doing my research into breeding fuzzies and I want diversity in my line if I do).

Hey, just moved this to the rabbitry where the breeders can see it!

Not too sure what the breeding will bring, I'm really not well versed in genetics.

I'm sure one of the other breeders will be able to explain how it works for you!

--Dawn

hehe, I thought it might belong here :D

Yeah, the breeder did say something about the outcomes... but I forgot. I'm probably gonna give her a call. But both the parents are beautiful, so I can't wait to see the kits.

:)

Thanks anyway.

I just wanted to let you know your post isn't being ignored.

Even though I have fuzzies, I'm not a whiz at the color genetics. I do think you might expect to get a high possibility of non-showable colors with that cross, cause if I'm not mistaken, shaded x agouti color breedings aren't recommended if your desired outcome is showable babies. I might be wrong, though.

Hopefully Pam or Peg will come along soon to give more input.

First of all, I'm really really surprised about a breeding between a siamese sable and orange. I don't know why someone would deliberately do that. I'm not trying to be critical - but I don't understand because it seems to me like the genetics would not be compatible.

With that being said....I ran the colors in the Evans software program I have for my pedigrees and it said:

Chestnut - 22%
Orange 8.25%
Cinnamon / Chocolate Agouti - 8.25%
Sable Chin 5.76%
Black Chin 5.76%
Black Otter 5.55%
Black - 5.5%

and a few other colors with smaller percentages.

What color do you already have that you plan to bred with?

Peg

Well, I'm not sure why she would do it. All her rabbit right now have come out beautiful and very showable. I know that she likes to play with genetics, she is still figuring some of it out. But thank you guys for repling.

And I plan to breed with a broken tort.

Latest posts

Back