Huh? Not a holland lop.....?.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Hey guys. I guess it's my turn to post pictures and ask about my bunny's breed.

Jamie came from a local pet store and they got him from a hobby breeder who only sells to them and 4H-ers. he's supposed to be a holland lop, but when i saw the paper work from his neuter a week ago it said his weigh is 5.05 pounds, which is in mini lop territory:?. to me his body still looks holland lop, but i figured since i've never asked y'all before, i just assumed, i'd post a few pics and ask:p. he was born september, 2007.

as a baby-

BabyViolet12weeksoldNov2007002.jpg

and all grown up(last year and this year)

Jamie-Easter2008038.jpg

Jamie-2008033-1.jpg

S4300529.jpg

thanks guys:)

Hmmm I'm not that good with breeds so errm I have no idea I just came to look at Jamie pictures :inlove: If I come and steal him tomorrow you won't need to know what breed he is :p

He could very well be a Holland Lop, just is a wee bit over the standard weight. Happens all the time. We get occasionally get Mini Rex that hit 5 lbs. (without over feeding! LOL!)

(He does LOOK like a Holland...):biggrin2:

Becca wrote:
Hmmm I'm not that good with breeds so errm I have no idea I just came to look at Jamie pictures :inlove: If I come and steal him tomorrow you won't need to know what breed he is :p

hahaha, very funny..........NOT! he's my baaaaby! andEmily would be heart broken:p.he's home alone right now, though:coolness:(with is cage door locked to he can't bounce out!)

thanks guys, that's kinda what i was thinking, but i figured i'd ask anyway:)

I agree with Blue Giants and Pam... we had Hollands that have produced "bigger than the standard" babies... one of those does produced a litter of 11 (yes, it is true), her name was Sausage (my son named her that - he had a few Hollands that had food names for some odd reason - but they were much loved members of the family) and 7 survived in the litter.

He's adorable!

Denise

I also purchased my bunny from the pet store-they said he's a holland lop and he weighs 5 lbs (last time he was at the vet that was his weight) I wondered if that was really his breed too but I think it is! He looks just like Jamie but diff colors!

is that him in your avatar? he's really cute!

Not all that uncommon, the larger ones can make really good brood does as they have larger litters and generally not apt to throw peanuts.

My Corky is almost 5 lbs and he's a holland.

Sometimes 2 smaller ones can throw the bigger ones, I've had that happen too! That's when they often go to a pet home...he has very distince otter markings! He's a cutie.

Latest posts

Back