Huge gash where my rabbits dewlap was....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT I WAS NOT "MAKING EXCUSES" FOR MY RABBIT. IF I DIDNT CARE ABOUT MY RABBIT, DO YOU THINK I WOULD BE ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVICE? WOULD I HAVE TOOK THOSE EXTRA HOURS AT WORK SO THAT WAY I CAN PAY FOR THE CARE SHE NEEEDS? NO RIGHT? WELL, I'M SORRY BUT THIS PISSED ME OFF. EVERYONE I KNOW, KNOWS THAT I LOVE MY RABBITS AND I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THEM. WHICH IS WHAT I DID! THERES A QUOTE THAT STATES "YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM OR YOUR PART OF THE SOLUTION" AND YOUR RUDE COMMENTS DID NOT HELP AT ALL. I ASKED FOR HELP, NOT NEGATIVE JUDGMENTS.

MY RABBIT IS DOING MUCH MUCH BETTER<3

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Yay I'm glad she's doing well :D I was sad that people were posting discouraging replies in this thread because it certainly didn't make you feel comfortable about updating us on your bunny's condition.

I'm really sorry about the late reply. And never mind those bad judgments, because i don't need them. They basically wasted their time posting it on this.

I should have PM'ed you and the others who have helped me. I am so sorry. I just didn't feel right posting on my own post. But thank you so much! Her dewlap is growing back! :)

Kipcha wrote:
bunnymother22 wrote:
You shouldn't have an animal if you can't afford to care for it when it gets sick. They're not plants or stuffed animals. I'm so tired of posts like this. You're so irresponsible and if this rabbit dies do not get another pet you can't take care of.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with this entirely. I think that even with a ton of planning, something can blindside you. For example, we were just hit by an enormous number of vet bills from Peace's Abcess ($600+), Ty's kidney failure ($500+) and Buzz's eye ($200+), as well as the our car breaking down at the same time ($1200+). That amount of money can catch anyone by surprise, and I don't think it is fair to judge necessarily when there is more then one variable in the equation. Sometimes, stockpiled money drains suddenly and a lot of things go wrong at once.

I do not believe it is fair to judge someone that far because you have no idea who this person is or what else may have been going on in this person's life.

HOWEVER, that being said, this rabbit definitely needs a vet and something needs to be worked out, even if you cannot pay the money upfront. There really is no reason to deny the donations that have been offered by other members.

I hope for a ++Positive++ update on this bunny and hope that they did the right thing and got the money together.

Thankyou for this reply. She did go and see a vet and did not need any surgery. She's doing much better. Her gash just needed to be cleaned, and after about a week or two hair was already growing back. during the time i wasn't reponding back(which i am sorry for), i was busy doing my part. I was working extra hours, which i actually brought her to work with me without my boss knowing, and she was with me 24/7, everywhere i went she went. I do have money to support my rabbits, but it was just the fact that it was a bad time for those two months.

All i asked for was some support, not negative comments. & i thank you for respecting me.

I'm glad to hear that she's healing. So that we can all learn from your experience and help others in the future, would you mind sharing any diagnostic information your vet used (did he/she have any comments on how the wound started?) and/or how you're treating it?

Pharfly wrote:
Wow this is hearth breaking! The poor rabbit is in pain and suffering and her owner is making excuses to avoid treatment. I understand that money can be tight at times, I had an old cat who had a stroke. I called the vets and found one who would put him down and let me pay later.

I have worked in a shelter and to not do anything when your animal is in pain is animal abuse. If animal control knew about it the animal would be seized and the owner could be charged with neglect. You sure would not allow your child too have a huge open wound until you could afford a doctor right?
Any good Vet will not allow an animal too suffer and if they can not treat them they will euthinize. Euthiniza means "A good Death" letting her suffer and die at home is in no way a humane way to die.

I was not neglecting her, you wouldn't know! And NEVER compare a human child with an animal. It's not right. And if your being specific about MY CHILD, stay out of it because my child should not be brought up AT ALL. And she did not die! I did my part, she lived, and she's just much better even without your negative comment.

missyscove wrote:
I'm glad to hear that she's healing. So that we can all learn from your experience and help others in the future, would you mind sharing any diagnostic information your vet used (did he/she have any comments on how the wound started?) and/or how you're treating it?

Of course i can :) I will post a new topic of her update & pictures!

bunnymother22 wrote:
Did not mean to upset anyone including pet owner, please acccept my apology I'm sorry. Pet ownership is a responsibility to something other than your amusement. Proper observation and care can prevent an injury to turn into a disaster. I still don't think anyone should own a pet if they can't afford regular vet bills. Good luck to you and I hope you found someone to help you with the care of your sick bunny. He deserves not to be in pain. Hawaii's not the only state with employment problems, it's the entire country.

So you block your PM because your scared to admit your wrong & by again saying that im irresponsible in that PM?

During the time i didn't reply, I DID TAKE HER TO THE VET. You didn't know that because i didn't update, and with that being said, you made an "assumption" that i didn't because of no reply. You don't know me, so don't judge me.

Again, at that time, i was only having financial problems for two months because of SOMETHING PERSONAL, which you wouldnt know because you dont know me and again you shouldnt judge.

You know what, Those who don't have nothing good to say, don't post on here anymore. Get one thing clear: You don't know me, so don't judge me. Also, i made this post for HELP & SUPPORT, not to get judged or bad opinions/comments. I came here for MY RABBIT, NOT ME! So don't discuss me, discuss my rabbit and her well-being.

SO WHATEVER!
BECAUSE ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT MY RABBIT IS ALIVE, HEALTHY, AND DOING MUCH BETTER.
:innocent

It didn't sound sympathetic to me with the negative comment that came along with the apology.
it's the same amount of respect i got, so i'm giving it right bacK!
And Not like you apologized, so why do you worry? i don't need any of it. When a sorry comes from someone who judges people without knowing them personally, it's just petty itself.

And i also like to point out once again, ASSUMPTION. Whoever that is apologized, and gave me a negative comment again in a PM even after they apologized. Does that sound like an apology to you? Well you assumed otherwise...

Why assume in the first place?

And i was explaining myself, it's not no sob story. If you actually read, i did say what i was going to do, and in the time i "disappeared" i did my part!

DRAMA that i don't need.

LIKE I SAID, if you dont have anything good to say don't post on here anymore. THIS IS ABOUT MY RABBIT. So seriously, stop posting on here already.

This conversion isn't going anywhere positive. I'm very relieved that the bunny is doing well and further comments aren't constructive. I am going to lock the thread pending review by the other admins.

Thanks Patti, there are some very rude people in this thread. :( I'm sorry I missed a lot of the earlier rude posts. I've deleted a couple of PlasticBunny's and would have deleted Pharfly (again) had it not been repeated in a quote.

A photo of the wound was sent to three different vets (by me) and the verdict was that yes, she should see a vet, but the wound was actually not as bad as it looked. One vet used the term 'superficial' and even thought it might heal on its own barring complications. I PM'd this info.

The vets of course all said it needed to be assessed in person. Pain management was a concern, thus when the teeth-grinding began, I strongly advised a vet visit. I did not think it was a life or death situation but certainly one that needed a professional look.

The only 'crime' may have been failing to respond after a lot was done to help (Snowy Shiloh in particular took a lot of time and effort out of a busy pre-travel schedule to make solid attempts to help), but that's certainly a 'misdemeanor, not a felony, and she has now apologized for that.

I will apologize for not making this clear earlier in the thread and for missing some inflammatory and misguided posts and assumptions.

Apologies are due from all sides but I think for the most part they have been extended, I will again close this thread but ask that RoI start a new one with an update and before and after pics.

Thanks to all, though, for caring. Sure beats apathy.

sas :expressionless

Just thought I'd add my two cents to this thread:

So SO SOOO glad to hear Bunny is doing well! :)

There's a reason I havne't really responded up till now with this thread. I got very misunderstood with my Charlie when I first joined RO and didn't want to get in the middle of something unpleasant. {I know how it is havnign trouble affording vet care..} Anyway thanks for updating! :)

Back