Huge cecotrope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napagirl

Reaction score
Dimi just had a bout of stasis last week, and has mostly come through it. Her poops have remained small tho, so I am continuing the motility meds. Today, her poop production seemed low, although she was in very good spirits, playing and such. This evening, she was lagging at eating her herbs and pumpkin, and no poop. I was getting worried, but six small poops came out a few hrs ago. I went in the other room for awhile, and came back to find this HUGE cecotrope on the floor, and about 20 normal (yay!) poops. She was also munching her kale.

She has shown no interest in eating this cecotrope- I left it alone in case she wanted to eat it, but it dried up. It was about the size of a small prune.

Any ideas why this large cecotrope? Did her stasis perhaps stop the production and now it's going overtime? All I ever seem to do is help this rabbit keep pooping!

I think if she had 20 poos that's a sign she is doing well :)
Cecotropes are sometimes a sign of a rabbit getting too much richness in their diet and not enough simple fibre from hay. So maybe she's eaten to much pellets and greens and needs to eat more hay.

Back