HPV Jab

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading Becca's 'awful day' thread and the HPV jab became part of the msg list.

While it seemed quite a few of repliers' didn't want the jab, I would actually far rather have it and never have to have the regular "smear test" for cervical cancer ever again. My first one was very painful (That is NOT typical for most women, I should point out)and I've ignored reminder letters that the next one is due ever since. Could probablydo with saving to have it done privately but not really able to save any cash currently.

If you are being offered the jab for free because you are in the government'starget age group, have it if you can :).

Jo xx

jcl_24 wrote:
I would actually far rather have it and never have to have the regular "smear test" for cervical cancer ever again.

Actually, you still have to have smear tests. The HPV jab only offers protection for around 6 years, plus you can still develop cervical cancer due to other factors.

I agree with your point though. I've had two of mine, and am just waiting for jab number three. Both of mine were fairly painful, but that is pretty normal with all injections. It's a lot less painful than cancer! A friend of my family died when she was 25 because of cervical cancer, so I know only too well its dangers. (Especially as the NHS in England doesn't offer smear tests until you are 25:rollseyes)

Latest posts

Back