How?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccalyn7

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm taking pepper to her first show, only thing is, she is litter trained,
How do I keep her litter training skills in a carry cage ?
I will be there for only three hours,
What do I do?
Do I bring her litter tray?

Or do I out her litter in the carry cage?

I have no clue

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

I think most people take their rabbits to shows in cages with a mesh bottom and a catch tray so that all the poop etc falls through. You don't want her sitting in her waste if she's going to be shown because she might get wet/dirty feet etc.

What type of carrying cage are you using? Carriers designed for rabbits have a wire bottom floor so they don't sit in pee and poop...that's the last thing you want on your show bunny :(. Three hours isn't all that long, but if it's solid you could try putting a towel in the bottom or set up a small xpen and put his litter box in it while you're waiting to show...just depends on how crowded the showroom is.

I only have the standard cat Carey cage,

How do I go about mesh and that?
Where can I purchase it from?

My rabbits typically don't use a litter box away from the cage. I do have a couple that will. Not having a litter box for travel does not hurt their habits at home. Most carriers don't really have space for a separate litter box. Unless you can set up a pen or something, I would not worry about a litter box. Put a towel or something absorbent in the carrier.

Took her for a few hours today, and she was good.
Kept clean and non smelly,
Had a long pee when she got home and back into her litter box.

Latest posts

Back