How young/old was your bun, when you first brought them home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I breed Shiny Things but then had to give her away. I got her back last Friday. She is 2 years and 2 months old.
Beauty was born January 11, 2011. I have had her for 3 weeks now.
I have had lots of rabbits that I breed and kept. I get most of my rabbits before they are 1 year old though. (when I was breeding). Some rabbits are 2nd and 3rd generation born at my house.

Well, i prefer younger because it gives you a better chance to socialize them, and train them to be the way you want, ex: litterbox training, socializing, etc. :)

I just took in a 7 year old a few months ago. He lived in a cage up on 4x4's in a back yard. He litter trained within 3 days. The 6 month old I got from the Humane Society 3 months ago - well , we are still working on her potty skills. I had both neutered & spayed.

Korr was a baby, probably around 8-10 weeks.
Sophie was a rescue, so not sure but they estimated her to be around 4-5 years old.
Penelope was around 6 months.
Sean was also a rescue and was estimated to be around 2 years old.
Lillian was about 14 months.
Ginny was about 11 months.
Amelia was just shy of 7 months.
Tesla was almost 1 year old.
Kraken was about 15 months.
Gizmo and Nala were both about 2.

Sam my 1st rabbit 8 weeks.

Bagel my 2nd rabbit 8 weeks.

Peanut my current rabbit 6 weeks.

Let's see--Beth was probably 6 weeks when we found her, at a park. Ted and Charlene were 6 or 7 years when we found them abandoned in a garage of a foreclosure. Several others between 6 months to 4 or 5 years old--all of ours are rescues.

I had a bunny about 20 years ago, no clue on the age other than it was full-grown when I got it (my parents brought it home from a shelter as a surprise, I was 7 or 8 at the time).

Gaz (my lop) was 8 weeks and Nala (my lionhead) was 7 weeks when I got them... the breeder said 7 weeks was really pushing it on being old enough, but she let me buy her and just warned me to be extra gentle 'cause I really had my heart set on getting her.

Nelson was probably 4 or 5 months old (his other family gave him back to the pet store after Easter.) he's now 5 and the best bunny in the world.

Lil and Bee were honestly probably like 5 weeks old. I bought them from a pet shop (before I knew how terrible that was) because their poop literally looked like goose poop and the worker said they had lost like half of the litter. They are now 4 and healthy.

As cute as babies are, I much prefer adults from a rescue since they're already fixed and litter trained and you can really tell what you're getting into as far as personality.

Scone was a pet store bunny, so we weren't entirely certain how old he was - probably eight weeks or less, as he hadn't been in the store more than a few days.

Natasha was two years old when she came to live with me.

The youngest was Gary at 5 months, the oldest Cinderella at 6 years.

I prefer getting them as adults because less than a year old is just a pain in the tush behavior wise. Both of my boys had a marked improvement in their behavior at a year. Everybun else was over a year when I got them. Plus it is easier to tell their personality when you get them as an adult. I also figure most people prefer the youngsters so they are easier to find homes for, so I take in buns that are having a harder time finding a home.

Latest posts

Back