how to train him to stay off

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
my wonderfull bunny keeps jumping up on my bed. he hasnt peed on it in like 1 week or so but im sure he will if given the chance. he jumps up there all the time. i go pick him up and take him off. but he will wait tiil my back is turned then jump right back up there. in the morning he will continue to jump up there till i get up and out of bed, he wants to be petted, last night i woke up to him chewing my hair. so how can i stop him being up there. it wouldnt bother me if he didnt have a history of peeing on my bed.

Hate to break it to you, but it's not your bed anymore. I tried squirting Q-tip with the water bottle when she did that, but she was willing to brave the squirts to get back up there...so I just let her.

My only suggestion...keep your head under the covers at night. :p

If you really want to keep him off, either use an expen for him at night or some kind of railing around the bed he can't get over. Maybe a bunk bed & have a mattress only on the top. lol

yea i think he would still find a way :) but hopefully he will not pee on the bed that is the only thing that i hate. today he is just being so bad

how onry lol. if i was you i'd be getting on litterbox training since it sounds like he's got his mind made up that he is going to sleep with you lol.

how onry lol. if i was you i'd be getting on litterbox training since it sounds like he's got his mind made up that he is going to sleep with you lol.

yea i have tried litter box training for the most part he is good just a few poop's every once in awhile i dont think any pee except on my bed:huh: and i know he hasnt out grown it. i think he is waiting for me to let down my guard then pee on it.

Toby used to pee on my bed a LOT. I got him fixed a few weeks ago and he hasn't done it since... that may be a solution. He still jumps up there like nobody's business, but no more tinkling.

yea when i come baack after christmas i will be taking him to the vet im hoping it will fix that issue as well as the chewing. he is driving me crazy. but he is so cute i cant stay mad at him

Tough one... beds and couches seem to attract bunnies like honey for bees.. LOL I didn't know other bunnies like to chew hair!! haha
I loved to make my brother sleep and let my bunny go chew his hair hahaha
I think if you get a pen, it might hurt your bunny, he will still try to get to your bed. I added a higher mattress to my bed and my bunny stopped jumping there for some time, but then he learned how to jump higher. He failed and fell some times too - crazy bunny!!! So it's better not to get anything that could hurt.
The only effective way to keep a bunny away from a bed seems to be closing the door- with the bunny out. But if your bunny is used to stay in the room,I don't doubt he'll knock his head on the door, trying to break it to come in.. my bunny was used to staying out at night, but he didn't like it. He scratched the door and it was very sad. I always had to fool him before going to my room (so I wouldn't close the door at his face). I placed some treats close to his home and ran to my room. Bad thing is that bunnies are smart, soon he learned my method.. and whenever I placed the treats, he'd run to my room... My bunny outsmarted me many times... so yeah, i might agree with the previous comment saying "keep your head under the covers" LOL

:surrender:bed::rabbithop

lol yea he only stays in my room. i can open the door and he wont go out he wont even go to the door. i have left it open all day and he will stay in. which is a good thing. i bring him outside. at first he just stood there like he does if he is in a new area he just stands there looking for me. the more i try to keep him off of it the harder he tries. i think if i didnt do anything he might stop it seems like he tries to find something that i dont want him to do then he does it. can you say TEENAGER

hotmaildeal wrote
I think if you get a pen, it might hurt your bunny, he will still try to get to your bed.

I don't understand this comment. Can rabbits get out of a 48" high pen or otherwise hurt themselves on it? I think they're a lot safer in a pen than running around loose at night.

my bunny is just fine running around loose at night and perfers it to being locked in a cage all night. i have bunny proof my room as well as i can he has never once been hurt.

Latest posts

Back