How to tell if a "wild" rabbit really thinks its wild.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermelons

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Un-Snowy Wet West, British Columbia, Canada
Apart from it not running away lol
Yeah this is just a cute story.
I got a bit bored at work today and decided to wash my car.
As im spraying it down out of the corner of my eye i see movement. I turn and look and this big brown bunny comes hopping right for me.... While ive got the hose on full blast!!
Little (or big) guy comes right up to me so i stop spraying the hose and kneel down and he starts chinning all over my pants so i put out my hand to see if i can pat him and he starts chinning my gloved hand... Meanwhile the hose is still in my other hand. Satisfied, he hops right under my dripping soapy car and out the other side. I decide to follow him... All intrigued.... Walk over. Pick him right up and bring him into the station to see if we had any treats for him.
Nothing to share i ended up putting him back outside and he proceeded to chase a little wild bunny.
No more room for bunnies in this house. And this guy obviously rules the local buns. Maybe hes their king...
Cute guy. Ive seen him around before but he always runs away. Always.....

*if an animal truely belongs in the wild and is an actual wild species, please leave that animal alone!!!!

1414899165089.jpg

1414899178722.jpg

1414899192489.jpg

1414899205151.jpg

he might be feral, but I do not think he is an actual "wild" cotton tail rabbit. A wild cottontail wouldn't allow you to come near it, much less pick it up. I wonder if it is a domestic rabbit that was either abandoned or got loose. He is a cute lil bun either way!

I agree that while he's a wild colour, he has a bit of a domestic look to him, and I agree that no wild rabbit would ever be that comfortable around a person.

Very cute all the same :D

Hes about 4x the size of our local wild bunnies. Theres no way he's a true wild bun... Unless some mommie bun had a mutant giant baby haha.
People release domestic buns like its trendy over here.
I just think its cute that hes like the wild bunny king here.
Its just so strange that hes spent months being a sketchy freaked out rabbit and all of a sudden comes up and chins me when I have a hose! Jeeze! Even my dog turns tail and runs when I have the hose out.

Looked at the first pic and it looks like a Rex or Flemish Giant that was probably dumped in the wild.
I have seen domestic rabbits living with wild rabbits in a park.
Needs to be taken out of the wild. I have two that were strays.

Latest posts

Back