How to take her temperature

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieleon

Reaction score
Poppet got the VHD jag the other week and had a side effect of limping on her front paws and a back leg...aftter a couple of days she was all good and happy jumping about again.

How ever she has been sleeping alot the last two days about the house, and not has developed a limp in her hind leg again. Earlier she was licking my nose (which she does alot now) but her tongue felt very hot.

I have gone and got a digital thermometer but with such a jumping about bunny who jumps away when you go to lift her I am struggling to get a reading which I can rely on.

IMG_0447-1.jpg

Any help is great thanks
x

I haven't personally taken my bunnies temp before, but what I've heard would be to have someone help you and hold her down..You can lift her hind end and maybe bunny burito the front 3/4 of her so she doesn't get away. Just be behind her and lift up her back end all the way. Not really an expert at this part of bunnies. lol

P.S. Poppet is ADORABLE! Are you a phtographer? The pic looks great!

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
I haven't personally taken my bunnies temp before, but what I've heard would be to have someone help you and hold her down..You can lift her hind end and maybe bunny burito the front 3/4 of her so she doesn't get away. Just be behind her and lift up her back end all the way. Not really an expert at this part of bunnies. lol

P.S. Poppet is ADORABLE!  Are you a phtographer?  The pic looks great!

Yeah can't even get her to bunny burito she freaks and runs away. Read as well that unless you have been shown how to take a rectal temperature reading by your vet you shouldn't give it a go. I was testing with her ear but no solid readings yet.

Yeah love photography and have a nice camera so getting her used to being infront of the camera ha ha.

Thanks
x

Latest posts

Back