How to set up an XPEN for Honey and Hunter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alee C.

Reaction score
Well I've decided to get Honey and Hunter a new cage. The dog crate I'm using is big but I would like them to have something bigger. I've had a C&C aka NIC cage before, and I really enjoyed it. But it was very expensive for the materials, so I've decided this time to try an XPEN. It will give them lots of room, and because they can be shaped any way it will make the most of the room I have to put there cage in.

I'd like to get the XPEN soon, but I would like to have hunter neutered and fully litter trained before putting them in the new cage. Just wondering how I should set up the cage? I'd like to put coroplast on the bottom but it is very expensive down here. I saw these foam puzzle picec things that are different colors and are sold at canadian tire here, and it would be much cheaper then coroplast. Could this work?

Also in the cage they have now there is a second level, but I wouldn't be able to put that in the XPEN. Does anyone have any plans to make shelves or anything that bunnies could jump on?

I've got a cage/x-pen combo (working on finishing the NIC condo to replace the cage)... walmart sells tarps in the camping section that are REALLY cheap - like $6 for an 8'x10' tarp. the pens will hold the tarp in place and you can just sweep it or fold it up/take it outside and shake it out to clean it. it's slick enough to be easily cleaned but has enough traction that the bunns don't slip around on it.

(you could always do a mini-NIC thing using just one box of cubes that has an extra level and ziptie the pens to that if you want them to have a level)

Latest posts

Back