How to safely travel with a baby bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
We have a baby Californian that we want to bring home with us. He is currently about two and a half hours away. We will be picking him up in two weeks. I have traveled with adult bunnies before but never a baby so I don't know if there is anything different I need to do for him.

We have a carrier and will be attaching a frozen bottle to the side of the carrier since the weather is still pretty hot here. (we will of course have the AC blowing)

If it's 8weeks or older (which it should be to take away from it's mother) then treat it just like an adult. We've gotten young rabbits who were 2 states away, spent the day at a show, and then were transported to within 2hrs of us by someone else. They probably were in a carrier from 6 am to midnight and they were just fine.

If it's 8weeks or older (which it should be to take away from it's mother) then treat it just like an adult. We've gotten young rabbits who were 2 states away, spent the day at a show, and then were transported to within 2hrs of us by someone else. They probably were in a carrier from 6 am to midnight and they were just fine.

Yes, he will be 8 weeks old.

Latest posts

Back