How to put on a harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, sounds like maybe I should be getting a stroller instead! My boyfriend already thinks I spoil Buster WAYYY too much, I can't imagine what he'd do if I got him that too... bahaha.

mzkitty, I read that those types aren't really good. They just tighten around them, and then if they pull or anything they will just hurt their tummies. Imagine having a rope tied around your stomach and being pulled with it

Well, looks like Buster is never going to be outside! Unless I invest in one of those strollers...
Got a new one and leash today. I had the harness on him and he seemed decently okay. As soon as I put on the leash he went into the tunnel, so I let the leash drop so he could go through and then he FREAKED out and ran around the room again until we managed to catch him. I had to give him large amounts of raisins for him to stay still to get it off... poor guy :(
I feel so bad for putting him through that!

yeah, I picked up a kitten harness at walmart the other day and tried it on Gaz first... it was actually harder to get her to stay still/be patient so I could take it off than it was to get it on >

I have this for my rabbits. http://www.petco.com/product/100509...CoreCat=MM_SmallAnimalSupplies_CollarsLeashes. I have not put it on the current ones yet but used to put it on my rabbitry bunnies. When I went to look for it at my parents house, I could only find the zebra one. I have the lepord one as well somewhere. They can be a little bit difficult to get on a long hared rabbit (worried about pinching the fur). I might try it on Shiny Things this weekend. When I tried it on Beauty, Beauty just sat there and did nothing so I put her up. My experience with it when it was used regularly (2-3 years ago) was a lot of fun. Tiger was who I used it on the most (I miss her soooooooooooooo much). She would go exploring our 1/2 acre like mad. She pulled on the leash like crazy. It was a lot of fun.

I know that it shows it with a ferret, but it is the perfect size for a small rabbit (up to 4.5-5lbs).

Latest posts

Back