How to pose a Difficult rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee's Beautiful Bunnies

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 4 month old Holland Lop doe that is very difficult to pose. She will let me handle her but doesn't like me adjusting her head and body and will jump and flinch. I'm being very gentle and have watched pretty much every video I can find on posing Hollands. Does anyone have any suggestions?

maybe have one of her favorite treats or toys in front of her and continuly take a bunch of photos at once, then look throught the camera roll and see if there is a good one. (then you can delete the others if you want). and keep doing the proccess untill you get the perfect one!

maybe have one of her favorite treats or toys in front of her and continuly take a bunch of photos at once, then look throught the camera roll and see if there is a good one. (then you can delete the others if you want). and keep doing the proccess untill you get the perfect one!
Thanks! She's not a natural poser though and is a sloucher so she doesn't pose on her own. Thanks anyway though!

A lot of posing is structure. If the rabbit doesn't have the structure for a high head mount they dont like to pose.
Here is a good video on how you would pose a holland lop: (they are posed the same as netherland dwarfs)

I found the best way to pose an uncooperative one is to slide their front legs up to the edge of a table, so they cant go forward, get one hand behind them, so they cant go back, and grab their head in my hand to lift it to the correct height. If they refuse to sit with their head at that height even after you let go, or if they naturally want to keep their head lower to the table, likely your rabbit doesnt have a good head mount structure for the breed.

A lot of posing is structure. If the rabbit doesn't have the structure for a high head mount they dont like to pose.
Here is a good video on how you would pose a holland lop: (they are posed the same as netherland dwarfs)

I found the best way to pose an uncooperative one is to slide their front legs up to the edge of a table, so they cant go forward, get one hand behind them, so they cant go back, and grab their head in my hand to lift it to the correct height. If they refuse to sit with their head at that height even after you let go, or if they naturally want to keep their head lower to the table, likely your rabbit doesnt have a good head mount structure for the breed.

Okay, thanks so much!

Back