how to move them in together?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckusluvr

Reaction score
how do you know for sure that the rabbits are bonded?
and how do I go about putting Charmin in Ryo's room after they appear to be bonded?

We have had 8 bunny dates. All grooming, laying next to each other stretched out. they are just getting along fantastic!

I have a spare bedroom that Ryo stays in (she has run of the house) while we are sleeping or away. After Charmin is bonded to her I want him to stay in Ryo's room too while we are sleeping or away. but I am scared that Ryo will not like another rabbit in HER room.

What I would do is put a nic cage or exercise pen in Ryo's room. Someway to block of an area of the room so that the rabbits don't ahve full run of the room. That way you can still be in control and get to each rabbit if need be. You don't want them to be able to run under furniture and start fighting. I would put them together in that area you have made and do several bonding sessions in Ryo's area where you plan to keep both rabbits. I would keep making the area bigger and adding more space/things until you feel comfortable.

Once you move from a small space in the room to the whole room. I would only leave them together in the whole room while you are home for a week or so before you trust them to be okay while you are gone or sleeping. That way you can be sure there is no fighting over the food or litter box. Things that Ryo is use to having all to herself.

Another option is if you have space for a cage or pen in a neutral area. You can put them together in the neutral area and leave them together there for about a week. After being together, you can allow them access to Ryo's room (give it a good clean with vinegar to help remove Ryo's scent)and if they don't fight, you can start leaving them in there.

Always start them off with a long period of supervision when they are first put together. Just in case a fight starts after they get comfortable after an hour or two. Once they've been together comfortably for 4-5 hours, I would feel comfortable leaving them with less supervision.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back