How to make toys please post pics or links to DYI projects

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenApple

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to make some neat toys for my baby bun this christmas. I have bought her some of the store toys at the local petstore but she is not very interested in those. So, I figure maybe I can make something by myself. I dont have much imagination and the best I came up after online searching was how to make a toy out of a toilet paper roll. If you have ever made a toy, please post a picture. If I see the picture then I can try to recreate it. Or maybe if you know of a link to do it yourself toys website then please share it. I am really hoping to surprise my bun with some neat toys this christmas. Thanks for your help!

Happy Holidays~

This is not exactly making something, but my rabbit LOVES ribbons. A nice thick one, like something that would come with pajama pants, is perfect. She works it through her mouth almost as if she is grooming it, and it entertains her for hours sometimes (with naps in between :p) even thin ribbons are okay too, but usually I supervise because in the odd event that she swallows it... That wouldn't be good. I dangle it over her head and she tries to grab it with her teeth, one time she couldn't help it and was doing head binks while trying to grab it lol

For a short lived toy, I stuff toilet paper rolls with hay and a couple treats mixed in

it's not really making toys, but some good cheap ones are
~ concrete forms (from a hardware store) - they're cheap tunnels and bunns always seem to love tunnels
~ a slinky
~ an old phone book or two to rip up
~ pop-up cat cubes ($3-4 each at walmart, my bunns love to run through them and sometimes nom on them)
~ cardboard box castles

Latest posts

Back