How to make a NIC cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horselvrkc

Reaction score
Yesterday, my older sister and I decided to make one of those "bunny manisons" for little Riley because we were using my rats cage, which is WAY to small for him. We heard online that you use woven wire and we bought it and we made it... after 3 hours of hard labor and it turned out to be a failure.

Riley actually likes it but what he doesnt know is that it looks like it will fall on him any second! :hiding:

So how do i make a NIC cage (by the way what does that stand for) and have it be strong and sturdy? Thanks!

I use cable ties. Works like a charm it's so easy.

I normally lay out on side of the cage at a time on the floor, then connect them all together. Once all the sides are made, get someone to hold the two sides steady and connect them together.

Here's a nice sized cage I made with just panels and cable ties:

I find that using extra ties at the corners helps to stabalize the cage too. I put two ties in a X over any corners and that makes a big difference in stability.

To support the shelves, I use L-brackets:

--Dawn

I would defintally check out the thread that AngelnSnuffy posted. It was a huge help to me when I was building mine, and I'm sure it'd help you.

Plastic Zip Ties or Wire ties, they look like this:

Edit: they're called wire ties because they are used to tie wires together, not becuase they are made of wire.

IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Sorry, i understand that but i need better wire for the cage. And I do not know what to use... do you know what? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back