How to know if bunny is dead or going to die?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetFalcon

Reaction score
So I did have a bunny that died on me about half a year ago. It was around December 2018 and I took her to the shopping center like I usually do. Along with my other male bunny (I have two bunnies).

Well, everything was fine that day and she didn't give any sign she was going to die. But like 20 minutes before she died, I noticed she was unable to stand up firmly or alert. She looked like she was tired, or drugged out, but it was nothing alarming. I was just used to seeing her always standing firm and alert. I still have a picture of her, it was one of the very last pictures I took of her alive.

Then I went to the ice skate rink, she seem like she couldnt stand up straight. Then I figured something wasn't right set her down on a chair, she couldn't stay on 4 feet and she just limped over like a sock puppet. Then she like opened her mouth, let out a slight scream, and then she died with her eyes opened. Only like a few minutes she showed signs she was really going to die.

I just left the shopping center and went back to the car. Some people passed by and saw my dead bunny. One lady told me like she had a similar experience like one day her bunny is fine, and then it suddenly dies without warning. Her body was like a bunny carcass after you went bunny hunting.

The other male bunny saw the dead body, but he didn't really act differently. But I felt he should spend time with the dead body to know that his friend is dead. Instead of thinking his friend disappeared and ran away. I kept the body for a day, but then it started to harden from Rigor Mortis. I buried the bunny at a trail and that was about it.

I just wanna be aware of anything so I know how to react if I see something unusual.

Back