how to introduce a new rabbit to a first one.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allydp

Reaction score
So I have one rabbit who is three months old, & recently just got a new baby one & I had the old one running around & the new one was in my bfs lap & nala (the old rabbit) jumped up & kinda stomped on the new one. Idk what to do because she was like attacking his cage. =/ what's the best way to do this.

Bunnies are very territorial. You Older bunny is just telling the new one, watch out, this is my turf. It takes time for bunnies to get along.

Baby steps, but most important observe their interaction and be prepared to intervene.

here's what I found in the library about bonding.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

Wishing you all the luck with your two rabbits.

K :)

I know introducing bunnies can be a daunting task because bunnies are such territorial animals, but it can be done. You need to do it slowly.

When I got my boys, I thought it would be so good that they had company. But unfortunately it didn't work out as I thought. Now all three are separate and they have separate time outs. But I don't mind the time it takes to give them what they need. We are an older couple and they are like my children.

If you think you can't do it, (bonding the buns) than I would see if you can get a home for the new guy. Why make it so stressful that you want both of them to go.

I hope it works out for you and your bunnies. Please keep us posted.

K :)

The store we got the new one from said we have 20 days, so if it doesn't get any better we'll just take her back.

It also helps a LOT if they are opposite sex. Both males, or both females is harder. But is can be done if you are willing and patient.

Back