How to groom a broken black mini rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you arent planning on showing your mini rex then you can groom with anything you like. I like the horse grooming bricks they get alot of dead hair off fairly quickly

I have a furminator and it works awesome. I have the one made for a cat, the one made for small animals is just too small. It works well on my mini rex and mini lop.

Brush your rabbit out weekly with a soft grooming brush, starting from the head and working in the direction of the coat. Avoid sensitive areas such as eyes, ears, and spine.
Use your fingers to drag out any areas of loose hair. Rabbits shed every three months, and although mini rex rabbits lose their coats gradually, you may still see loose tufts of hair around the back legs and stomach.
Check the rabbit's nails every six to eight weeks. House rabbits that live on carpet and smooth surfaces don't have the opportunity to Wear their nails down naturally, so they must be clipped to prevent them from growing unnaturally long and putting stress on the rabbit's joints. Examine the claw to fing the blood supply -- a dark triangle coming down from the base of the claw. Clip the nail off after this point.
Clean your rabbit's ears. Use a veterinarian-perscribed ear cleaner and a soft cotton wool pad. Squeeze a few drops of cleaner onto the pad, and gently clean the base of the inside of the ear, taking care not to push the pad into the ear canal.
Check your bunny's eyes, And remove any tear residue with a cotton wool ball dipped in saline solution. Repeated tear stains can indicate health problems and should be checked by a veterinarian.

It was like $30 something. It was a bit pricey, especially for a brush IMO.. but its worth it, it works really well on Oreo (mini lop) Bugsy, (mini rex) doesnt really need it need it. He always looks so puffy afterwards lol

Latest posts

Back