How to get bunny used to new place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebunnyok

Reaction score
Hey all,

It's been a hectic week so far! Monday morning found out my husband got into the summer law program at Alabama. So now we are trying to get packed and moved in to the new apartment (from Conway, Ar to Tuscaloosa, AL) before first day of class on May 26th!!
:shock: Needless to say, my bunny Tupper is looking at me a little strange, wondering why I am on fast forward!

So my question is this. This will be his first time moving with us, and I was wondering what is the most stress free way to get him used to the new apartment. He is a free range bun, but had playhouses he goes in when he wants privacy. Any ideas?

I moved with my rabbits about 4 years ago. I would make sure to have anything he loves near by. That way he will feel comfortable going to hide if he wants too.

With my rabbits, it really just took time. They slowly made their way through the new house, smelling and chinning everything. They want to figure out the new hiding spots such as under the couch or bed. I tried to get them comfortable with one room first and then expanded.

It really didn't take my rabbits long and they were running all over the house. Good luck. I hope the move goes well!

I would only let him have one room to roam in until he's totally good with the litterbox in that area. Then you can expand to another room, and gradually increase his area to include new rooms as long as he still uses the box right. He will certainly find places to hide, and really should have one accessible in each big room at all times so that he doesn't feel scared.

Latest posts

Back