How to get Baytril w/out appt.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelnSnuffy

Reaction score
Ok, I went on Bunspace tonight and read enough to know that between there and here that I'd better at least get some Baytril and treat and see if we take everything away and way it was, if there are any accidents after a week of it.

I think Tamsin is right and I'm being...apprehensive or whatever I'm being. So, I've read that some peeps are able to do this, I know sas is one of them. But, you have to have a 'relationship' w/ the Dr. So, I'm wondering, if he remembers who I am over phone messages via recept/nurse, I could get it w/ out office visit. What are my odds?;)

In other words, get me a baytil script.:p

I'm not sure what to tell you here. Being with a rescue, our vet has prescribed 200 Baytril tabs at a time for us to order online (saves lots of $$) vs. getting them through them.

It took a long time to get the Baytril script. We got Metacam way before she would give us Baytril.

Thanks Patti!

I should prob take proper protocols anyway, just something I read from an advanced bun person on bunspace. So. I read many threads about uti and stuff, very cool.

I don't think I need anything right now. He really seems to be doing good. I just was wondering cuz I'm not working and that. So, I wondered how possible...you know.;)

Thanks again!

If you have a good relationship with your vet, you can also ask them to give you a script without seeing the bun. We got one without a follow up appt because at the first appt the vet told us to give an antihistamine for a week to see if that helped. It didn't, so she gave us a script for Baytril for a URI.

Well, luckily, I don't have a so called relationship as I don't have to go there very much at all, thank the LORD. But, they know I'm a rabbit person, they've seen/treated all my buns. If/when needed I would sure try asking for it, but if the doc is against it, I would understand why.:)

Latest posts

Back