How to fix it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaTheRabbit

Reaction score
Hi! I made a really nice cage for Lola. I made her a litter box filler with bedding and hay and i bought her a nice bed. I noticed she is pooping to the bed and she sit in a litter box all the time. She doesn't poop outside which im happy about but i want her to poop to litter box. I noticed some poops in a cage floor. How to fix it and train her?:litterfew:

It is very rare for a rabbit to be 100% on poops. They produce so many pellets that they would be able to do nothing but sit in their box all day :)

However, as she gets older poop habits may improve. She is probably marking the bed as hers. Spaying her can help improve litter habits as well. Some buns love a good soft bed to pee and poop, haha. You might have to remove the bed til her habits improve also.

This is exacly as i did 10min ago. I put the bed outside and put a towel in a cage. I know training can take sometimes a couple days but i want to make sure i do everything proply.

This is exacly as i did 10min ago. I put the bed outside and put a towel in a cage. I know training can take sometimes a couple days but i want to make sure i do everything proply.

You are doing everything just fine :) Just want to make sure your expectations about poop habits aren't too high. You will probably always have to pick up poop...it's one of the joys of rabbit ownership! Haha.

And it's not really "training" either but more giving them the litterbox option, putting it in the corner they pick (sometimes they pick a certain corner if so just go with that) and hoping for the best. And as I mentioned, spaying really does help too. It takes away the urge to mark things....and females mark too. Also, limiting free run til they get the hang of it.

Your buns a cutie....best of luck!

We are ecstatic if they pee in their box. Rabbits have a tendency to leave poop everywhere, especially where they sit/lay for any period of time--why we have a shop vac. We've only had one of 37 that used only her litter pan for everything--she was the neatest rabbit ever.

Latest posts

Back