How to deal with other breeder ?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunnyBabbitRabbitry

Reaction score
I have not been showing rabbits long. I only have one rabbit that I have raised thathas beenold enough to show. I now have 3 more that will be old enough to show at the next show. I listen to what the judges say and try to pick out the right rabbits when breeding to fix those faults. I have made a few friends at the rabbits shows and they are very nice about looking at my rabbits and telling me what I need to fix when breeding. I think it is fine to help someone out in a nice way about a showrabbit but I have been hearing some hateful things.What I do not understand are people who say things like "her rabbits are crap" and "she should quit showing". Why are people acting like this ? How am I to deal with it? These are people I see at the shows on a regular basis, I do not hang out with them but I do see them there. I mean they are really talking about other breeders rabbits but I do own them and show them. What am I to do, has this ever happened to any of you?

Thanks -

Elizabeth

Well, I think you're doing something good by not making friends with them. They are most likely just jealous of something. Maybe your rabbits look better than theres? did you rabbits place better then theres? That could be why. If you hear them saying this, you can also tell someone about it. Or, you can show them off. If you hear them say something like that, say "No, her rabbits are really nice" or something. If you put your words over theirs, then they should leave you alone. Are they saying this about your rabbits?

This hasn't happened to me in rabbits, but something like this happened to my friend who shows horses. Although it was about her clothes.

The best thing you can do is ignore the comments.The best revenge will be when you beat them on the table. It may take time. But you just keep doing what ever is best for you and your rabbits. Get a friendly breeder to advise you and help out.

What your dealing with is human nature. It's a shame, but you'll meet those kinds of people no matter what you do in life. (I stopped showing dogs because of the people... NOT the dogs!)

You have no idea how much abuse I took fort he last 9years bacause I wanted to work on the Blue Flemish... have patience and rise above it...

Yes, this breeder posted this about me in another forum. I was told by a breeder who I am friends with, they since removed the post but not before they went to my site and put down my rabbits. My lil cousin showed against this breeders daughter in youth and they would always get BOB, BOS between the two of them. So one rabbit we have did beat one of hers a few times but she is talking about all my rabbits, all the breeds we have. She gets her rabbits shipped in from somewhere else. All my rabbits came from breeders I have met at shows.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Someone came out down to your place and put down your rabbits? As in put them to sleep?? Who did this?

I think she means they went to her website and started criticizing her rabbits.

Peg

Be the bigger person and rise above it ususally these people are the ones no one likes anyway. If it continues and you have the nerve i would go up tothis person and let them know that it is a bit sad if they are more concerned with someone new to breeding than there own rabbits!! should shut her up anytime i have had to confront a bully they crap themselves these tend to be the first to run and apolite word should shut them up and probably win you respect from the other breeders!!

Elizabeth, I am 44 years old (and one day LOL!) and I have just begun to learn to ignore some people. Regardless of whether your buns are crap or not..... Who cares? If you have fun going and taking a bunny - GO and take the bunny! We have a friend that shows a rabbit that ALWAYS gets DQ'd in 4H for a toenail color. She enjoys talking to the other kids, the judges and hearing all the comments the judge has for different rabbits - and she helps other 4H kids. She doesn't care and she loves her rabbit!

She also gains skills of how to do things at shows, grooming other rabbits and that sort of thing.

So, eventhough someone has the opinion your rabbits are crap...... I think I don't need to even meet those people to KNOW their personalities are CRAP!

TinysMom wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Someone came out down to your place and put down your rabbits? As in put them to sleep?? Who did this?

I think she means they went to her website and started criticizing her rabbits.

Peg
yes, I meant they came to my website and shared it with others, so that they could come there and all say rude things to me about my rabbits.

It sounds to me like these morons are getting a little nervous that you will

be beating them shortly.

Find some show friends that show the same breed that you do and use them as

mentors. Most breeders will be more than happy to help youout. Be prepared

though for honest criticism and listen to what they are saying. I get lots of

youth that ask me to evaluate their rabbits and I am more than happy to do

it only if they agree not to get their feelings hurt if I am honest in a nice way.

Nobody can learn if they don't know the truth.

Roger

The only reason they don't want you on the show table is because it creates an obstacle from them to the trophy. 'nough said! :)

I agree that you should ignore those people with bad manners. Everyone started out the same way you did (how quickly they forget!)

It sounds to me like you are doing a great job in educating yourselfin learning how to recognize good confirmation traits in a show rabbits.

Pam

Latest posts

Back