How to contain an escaping bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Seriously, that is the most epic NIC fence I have ever seen in my life... WOW!

As for NICs in Ontario, I;ve had good luck finding general storage cube at walmart (rubbermaid), giant tiger, Canadian tire, etc.
It's usually in the storage and organization section.

Pet_Bunny I wish that we had London Drugs in Ontario :( That is a really good deal. I will check out Wal-Mart this weekend since I think that I will need 12 panels to make a good barrier for her.

Thanks Everyone!

You can also try criagslist or Kijiji for people selling them. There is a good chance you can save a ton of money. If it were the season, I would recommend garage sales too. I have gotten 2 sets for $10-15 (I buy them when I see them), I have also found a set of mesh ones for $3 ($30 at a store).

Not sure how you`ll feel about this but how about a baby gate but instead of mounted on the wall low almost on the ground, how about up much higher at the level of the top of the cage to block the top of the cage being jumped on ,it would swing just over the top of the cage but when fixed would block her access over the cage (in locked position) ,then in cage time it can be open and left, open swung against the wall? if that makes sense,that should stop her?:biggrin2:

pla725 wrote:
All are great ideas. Just one question. Is Sabrina spayed? Itdoes help deter the quest to find a mate.

She is spayed...but do you think that she is looking for a friend???? I have been thinking of getting her a bun-husband lately so if this behavior is a sign that she wants a friend maybe I should go ahead with it. Hmmmmm...lots to think about.

GRRRRRR. I finally bought a set of NICs today and she has now learned to climb up the cage:X Its only a matter of time before she gets up and over the NICS too.

Back to the drawing board for me :pullhair:

Autumn, I won't be able to take a pic until tomorrow night but I will get one up for sure. She didn't make it up the NIC but she made it all the way up her cage vertically (she is such a monkey...its a good thing that she is cute). So now I put a towel over the front of the NICs to deter her from climbing those and hopefully trick her into thinking that they were solid. Funny how she didn't try anything with the pillows, however I do need to sit on my couch comfortably! I don't fully trust her with the NICs when I am not home yet, so when I go out it will be back to the pillows. I hope that she stops climbing in a day or two when she realizes that the NICs are too high for her.

Well, luckily she has stopped the climbing (thank god) but it would have been a very cute video to share!

Here is a picture of the structure on the ground. Please excuse the disaster zone around it;) she had a lot of fun today while I was at school
P1010392-1.jpg

Here is the NICs on top of the cage... this is what she attempted to climb
P1010388.jpg

And finally here it is with the towel on top.
P1010387.jpg

I love how she made her way into each of the pictures...typical Sabrina:biggrin2:
It seems to be keeping her in for now, *KNOCKS ON WOOD*

Latest posts

Back