how to calm my baby down with all these quakes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erin

Reaction score
we just had another today at 1:55 in theafternoon...ramona is so afraid , her eyes were popped out like crazy.my poor honey bunny , what can I do to help her . I have beensitting with her and giving her love but what else will make her comfy?

thank you.

trying to stay safe and keep peace of mind.

erin

The best thingyou can do is just what yourdoing , unfortunately there is no controll overnature tho it would certainly be niceonce in a while ,

maybe while yourhugging her and soothing her youcan get one of those soft catbrushes and brush her , itslike she would be groomed if hermother was with her . its agood stress relief for her , and it may justhelp calm you down some too .

I will pray that you, the bun, and all out there will be safe during the earthquakes.
I was advised to get 'Bach's Rescue Remedy' to help allieviate stress in buns during travel or when they are not feeling well.
It's an all natural ingredients liquid - quite pricey at about $11 anounce - but hey, if it helps the bun, it's well worth it! You rub justa drop on the inside of an ear. You can also put a couple ofdrops in a small bowl of drinking water, but I prefer the drop to theear, as it gets into the blood stream quickly. It's available at healthfood stores, and I recently seen it in our little dinky local pharmacy.
It does seem to calm them down.
Here's an exerpt from an article I found on it:
There are a couple of things that can be added tothe first aid kit that any pet owner would find useful. The first ofthese is Rescue Remedy. This is invaluable any time there is shock,stress or trauma. It can be safely used before visiting the vet officeor after any kind of injury. It will often revive animals that are inshock and help in their journey to the vet and subsequent recovery,though is obviously not a replacement for immediate veterinary care. Ithas definitely saved many animals and is totally safe.

thank you all....she seems to be a bit betterjust a bit scared still. thank you for all your wonderfuladvice. and to contessa ...ramona knows what Mr. bunny isgoing thru LOL poor lil babies.

erin

If my Emmy is ever scared, I'd hold her, andtell her that it is ok. Maybe give Ramona a few kisses to comfort her.You are doing a great job right now - keep it up! :highfive:

Back