How to 100% potty train

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplesophiaa

Reaction score
My bunny knows to poop and pee in his litter box. I let him run around the house and he doesn't seem to have a problem going back in his play pen located in my bedroom to do is duty when I am doing work in the living room.

BUT when I am in the bedroom it is a completely different story. When I am relaxing on my bed, sometimes he would jump up and explore for a bit and jump down. Other times he would jump up and pee on the bed. I have also caught him peeing on the bookshelf and box that holds his rabbit supplies that are also located in the bedroom. He ONLY pees outside like this when I am in the bedroom to catch him in the act.

When I am in the living room, he does not pee in the living room.

I even leave him out sometimes while I am gone and he knows to go do his business in the litter box.

Why is he acting up like this??

It sounds to me like he's letting you know that those areas are his property. I'm guessing he's not a neutered bunny? This type of behaviour is more typical of a male who feels territorial.

You could get some extra litter boxes and put them in any problem areas. Cover the areas with newspaper and then if he goes outside of the litter box, simply lift him up and put him in the litter box each time. When he does start to use them, give him loads of praise and a treat. Hopefully this will stop him from marking your stuff!

Latest posts

Back