How the bunnies in our lives got their name

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
killertheturtle wrote:
We thought he would be graceful like Batman, but he is not... at all.
:roflmao:

A Male Flemish being graceful?

Tiny was a klutz....Zeus is sorta one too....

TinysMom wrote:
killertheturtle wrote:
We thought he would be graceful like Batman, but he is not... at all.
:roflmao:

A Male Flemish being graceful?

Tiny was a klutz....Zeus is sorta one too....
Hey that was my reaction.:shock:

Cuteoverload.com I've only been to a few times, I forgot about it! I get wrapped up in that adorable bunny picture blog site, the name I can't think of atm, and icanhascheezeburger.com. They are so fun!

Urbandictionary.com has so many crazy words, I like that site too :). Fun reading about the slang word origins.

We named our cottontail pair Bonnie and Clyde. I was going to call the one Bunny, but since we have no idea of their genders (or how to tell them apart) we just went with a generic pair name.

Smitten and Max had their names when I got them. The names suited them so no need for a change. Goobie's was Virginia. When she is being a brat I call her Virginia Goobie girl. Woody's name was Coco. I felt he named a more manly name. His nickname is Mr. Cocopuff. Maddie had no name at the shelter. I named her by the time I got to my car in the parking lot. Sawyer was called Thumper. Gracie I named after a greatgrandmother. Jordy got his name from the street they found him on. His name at the shelter was Licorice.

Ok, here are mine: :)

Buttercup got her name by when I first got her she looked like one of those buttercup flowers. And she was very sweet and little, now she is pretty darn big. But she name just fits her.

Rayne got her name by when I got Rayne (and Buttercup, they are sisters) it was raining outside, and because her markings look like rain. :)But I didn't want to spell her name like Rain, so I changed it up a bit.

Winston got his name by when I got him he was very sweet, but not shy. And he reminds me of a sophisticated little guy. And he is very lovable. (BSAR should know that because she loves Winston, but for some reason he really doesn't like her. Like he's bitten her twice, and left a scar once before. But Winston has neverbitten anyone else before. So I think it's funny how she loves him, but he doesnt. :p)

Noel got her name by the pet store she was at told me that she was born on Christmas so I thought I should name her a Christmasy name. So I decided with Noel.

Karlee

When I wanted to get Nelson, I had trouble coming up with names. In my opinion, I think that rabbits should have somewhat nerdy names, or at least older names, but I still couldn't find anything that fit. And by dad was reading a book by someone who had the first or last name of Nelson, I don't remember. Something tells me it was something along the lines of Daniel Nelson or Nelson Daniels. Anyway, I hate the name Nelson, but as soon as I read it, I had a eureka moment and that was his name.

Big One and Little One have their names cause they were babies and I didn't know if they were boys or girls and I didn't want to have to change it later. When I teamed up with a resuce to put them on petfinder, however, they insisted that they have "people names". My first thought was Laverne and Shirely, but I didn't want to do that, even though I love both of those names for rabbits. Instead, they are Shirley and Marlene.

Back