how smart are bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy5

Reaction score
cocoa came to us in a wire cage he had a food dish & a water dish

my question here is this

befor we got cocoa we got all of the things that a new bunnie wouldneed a big home, food ,toys a water bottle ,&litter box

now his living space is not all that big so I would loke to remove the water dish & have him use his water bottle

so how smart are bunnies?

I have not seen him use the water bottle so I do not know If the wateris being drunk or if it is just effavorping from the water bottle

right now I have just the water bottle in the cage how long should Iwait befor I put the water dish back into the cage if he is notdrinking?

this is the one we have for him

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441777575&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047883&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023695&bmUID=1174842946406&itemNo=5&In=Small+Pet&N=2047883+4294966683&Ne=2

thanks

Kathy

I tried that type of bottle with my buns andthey never could figure out how it worked. I suggest you go and get oneof Petsmart's Critter Canteen bottles. They have the ball bearing atthe end that is easy for the buns to work and it's spring loaded to cutdown on leakage. Besides it's a bit cheaper than what you currentlyhave.

Wallace

Stoneware crocks, (6" inside diameter for onebun) if at all possible are best. The buns will drink more, which ishealthy for them. Bottles are hard to clean & can fail. A crockin a corner does not take up much space.

Some rabbits just don't like waterbottles. One of mine has refused all water bottles, and theother four greatly prefer bowls. I would say just use a smallcrock in the corner of his cage. Like Bunman said, itshouldn't take up that much space.

Well, When ifirst saw Babii she was in a super large hexagon space that was all

glassed in the the top was mesh wireing so there was no way for a bottle. And the

bowl the pet store gave the 3 bunnies was fairly small so the water was gone in no

timeWhen i got her and the cage it came with the basics , like a starter kit it also

had a water bottle so i hooked it up and at first she would sniff it but wouldent use it

so one day she was facing it and i squirted a bit on the bottom of the cage and she

noticed thats where the water was coming out so she started to use it, took about

an hour but its worth it.

Once she hit the attachment of the bottle and it fell and broke and it was like 11pm

and no pet stores were open so i used a crock that my mom used for cooking and

put some water in it. She coulden't tip it but she sat in it :shock:

So in the morning i wanted to wash her bum from getting shavings and hay and food

that was in her waterand was stuck in her fur out and she just drank from the

tap..boy was she thirsty from using her water bowl for a bum wash :whatevah

Yes, just get a bowl heavy/big enough to not get tipped.

My Bear used to pee in his small feed bowl but he stopped when i gothim a larger bowl. I think the small bowl just fit well under him.:)

naturestee wrote:
Some rabbits justdon't like water bottles. One of mine has refused all waterbottles, and the other four greatly prefer bowls. I would sayjust use a small crock in the corner of his cage. Like Bunmansaid, it shouldn't take up that much space.

Latest posts

Back