how old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
Hey guys can you tell how old my rabbit is? and how old they have to be before you can get them spayed or neutered? also is there a good way to sex a young rabbit? I believe this little bun to be a blue jersey wooly rabbit.

SAM_9110_zps3becc698.jpg

SAM_9113_zps6a83c6c1.jpg

SAM_9068_zps8b40dee9.jpg

I am not sure about age, but it looks pretty young. I'd say around 4-6 weeks.
Males can usually be neutered once the testicles drop, but are usually not done until about 4-5 months old. Females are usually done around 5-6 months.
It can be tricky to sex rabbits, especially if you don't know what to look for. Both have a bit that pops out, so you have to look carefully at that. Females look like a taco with a slit while males are round like a doughnut.

It doesn't look like a Jersey Wooly to me. They would have longer wool, even as babies. The colour does look like a blue though.

I would say about 4 weeks old, based on the pictures, 5 weeks maximum. And I agree with the above comment, Jersey Woolies have a much longer, shaggier coat of wool coming in at that age.

When they hit puberty [or it hits them], I'd want to line up a surgeon. It's an easier surgery for males, so that's why it can be done a little earlier than spaying females.

mine just got neutered and they're 4mos. old. best thing i've done!!! they stopped spraying completely and are very cuddly now. you're new baby is gorgeous!!! what's his name???

looks like a polish kit or a mix polish/dwarf. Mostly likely, based on pics, to be about 7-9 weeks old.

Thanks guys! I think this little bun is a male, so I decided to name him Asher cause he looks like a little ball of Ashes. thanks for correcting me on the type of rabbit he is, I know he is probably a mix seeing how I got him from a pet store lol I told my husband that once we get him neutered we should go find a cute mini lop female to keep him company, even though my friends bun lives in the same cage I figure it might be a good idea to get a female for him to bond with so that when my husband and I get our own place he wont be to lonely.

Ours are all rescues, so our rule was when male bits showed they were ready to go. With the females we would wait till we had them for 5 months unless we were sure they were already an older bunny.

Latest posts

Back