How old...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Well... Hormones are racing here in Camelot.

Guin is getting fed up. She gets a nosy bunny sticking hishead under her arse, pulling at a chunk of fur and then a chaseensues. Gir hasnt tried to mount her yet, or at least notwhen I was watching, but he doesget awfully randy in the weemorning hours.

At night, the two buns are usually playing a friendly game of tag (noclumps of white fur everywhere!) Guin dashes out, binkies and turns towatch Gir repeat her action. So cute to watch!

But with the randy Gir behavior, I am starting to think about gettingthe little bugger nuetered. Just dont know when it is safe todo it. I really think he is a dwarf, he is very delicate inhis bone conformation and he is nearing two pounds. His bellyno longer bulges like a newborns.

My guess is he is about 3 months old. And that is aconservative estimate. His testicles have descended a bit,but they are more like flaps of pink skin. I was thinkingwaiting another month, maybe two, but I wanted bunny experts opinion onwhen it is safe. =) I am doing the guy a favor tho he may notsee it that way... but sheesh Guin will be happy when those hormonesstop!

Generally around 6 months of age -- it doesn'tsound like your boys testicles have dropped yet (although rabbits caneasily retract their testicles.)

Pam

Latest posts

Back