How old have some of your bunnies lived to ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini lop luva

Reaction score
Hiya bunnie lovers

Well i was wondering how many rabbits of yours have lived to?

As at school we had four black rabbits didt know what breed they alllived to about 10 years then sadly our last one died last weeek:(its sadly missed.

Georgie xxxxxxx

I just had one of mine put down about 2 weeksago. He was one month shy of turning 10 years. Ialso have another outside that is 9 years old and he is still goingstrong!

Stated in the guinness book of worldrecords, the oldest rabbit was 18 Years 10 Months 21Days, and the oldest living rabbit was born in 1991, which would makeit..14 now but it says its 12 on the site. Currently my bunny isabout to turn 4 years old:)

i have a bunnythat i am bunny sitting for 3 weeks. owners are in canada onvacation :) honey bunny is a black and white dutchage 8.5 yrs old but doesnt act that old!

my rabbit petunia lived to be... at least 11, ihad her for 10 years, and she was a full grown adult bunny, at least ayear when i got her. :) her last year tho, she slowed downquite a bit. She was at one time a 4-H show rabbit,and a mommy to 3 litters of beautiful mini-lop babys! shes mylittle angel now:angel:

My very first rabbit (a Dutch named Princessthat thought she was a cat!) lived for 11.5 years and was killed by aneighbors German Shephard Dog. :mad:

No idea how long she would have lived if not for some inconsiderate dogowners that let their dog run the neighborhood.

Our Flemish average 5-7 years (just like dogs, the bigger ones don'tlive as long as smaller ones). We do have a Mini Rex that hasto be at least 9 years old. We took her in as an adult rescueeight and half years ago. Our oldest dutch is a 6 year oldbuck that's still "going strong".

My first bun was a Dutch mix, and he lived to be 9.5 years.
My 2nd - not sure what breeds she ws - but she was beautiful-was 6 years old when she passed from complications from the surgicalremoval of a bladder stone.
Checkers, my 3rd was 7 or 8 - they estimated her age when I adopted heras 3 or 4, and I had the honey for 4 years before we lost the fightwith pasturella. She survived 4 years longer then they predicted shewould!

BlueGiants wrote:
Our Flemish average 5-7 years

NOOOOOOOO......that can't be right.....is that about the average for flemish giants nationally too?

My flemish is only 8 months old but I can't imagine life without him..

Peg

SweetPeasDaddy wrote:
hey, ours is 6 weeks old and she is never getting oldercause shes gonna stay a baby bun bun forever right???

Yep - just like our flemish is going to stay small 'cause I named him "Tiny"...

Peg

well see there then??? We got the bestof both worlds right. We can start a new breed of bunniescalled baby Flemmys. We'll let tiny and sweet pea meet andgreet and then make a fortune for naming a new species. Thenafter we get the new species going, we'll keep them all cause they willbe too cute to rehome.

Back