How often?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ange92040

Reaction score
We givea varityof veggies and a slice of apple everyday. Is this to much? Not enough? We give collared greens, parsley, carrot, cucumber and a slice of apple (sometimes bok choy). Is that too much? not enough? I don't measure it. He also gets pellets but he doesn't eat to much of that.

He has some carrot spaced wood and he doesn't seems interested, what do we give him to make sure his teeth stay at a healthy length.

He also chews on the basket we put his salad in.

Any info is great.

We've had him about three weeks.

IMGP0290.jpg

How old is he?
Little ones (under 4-5 months) should recieve a diet primarily consisting of Alfalfa hay, and limited greens.
Their digestive systems can be very sensitive, and the wrong/excess veggie combo may cause diarrhea, which can lead to all sorts of challenges. Different, new Veg needs to be given slowly to adjust bunny systems. For this reason, many folks do not give little ones veg until far older.

Is he eating the same food as when you got him?

He's never had diarrhea he always poos the same.

They said he was 4 mths when we got him. So he's about 5mths now.

I forgot to mention he also loves his timmy hay which he gets everyday.

He eats vey well and doesn't seem to have any tummy issues.

He looks so much younger... must be that sweet face!
Glad you aren't having poop problems.
Someone other than myself will be able to answer the quantity question better. Content sounds great, and I'm glad that he's more interested in the timmy hay than the pellets,, better for the weight :)

You can give woods from fruit tree (eg. apple) that hasn't been dosed with pesticides... Willow is good too. You can get untreated, unstained willow chew rings from a craft store if you like... My guys destroy cardboard boxes like crazy :)

Going to move this to nutrition and behaviour forum, OK :)

move away thanks I didn't know where to put it.

Thanks for the wood info he likes his boxes and just nibbles once in a while.

Latest posts

Back