How often do you clean the cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rabbits have the small plastic cat litterboxes from Walmart. I use pine shavings and they are cleaned usually every other day. Just dump and refill. :)

I clean and vacuum Bebe's cage daily. I clean the rabbit run in the basement once a week. For the litterboxes, only the used portion gets scooped out and refilled daily. No need to throw out the unused wood pellets.

i used wood stove pellets and just take out the gross bits daily, but somehow my bonded pair wet their whole box in a day so i change theirs daily

I was going to suggest more than one litter box. You did it ^^ I use newspaper too bc its free! There should never be a problem with concern over if the bunny will "take" to a new litter pan. If the bunny is litter trained and you put the new one in the same place as the old one then there should not be a problem !! :)

I currently have 4 Lionheads and 2 litterboxes. Rabbit droppings are very high in nitrogen so I have a bin outside that I dump the litterbox "contents" into-and voila! In the spring, I have wonderful fertilizer for my gardens. Of course, I only use wood pellets, hay (which I pick out before dumping) or rabbit pellets for litter. I line the boxes with newspaper (which is thrown out before dumping, also).

The hay is the cheapest filler (but a little messy inside and doesn't absorb smell)

The rabbit pellets are the cheapest

The wood pellets absorb smell the best

Latest posts

Back